User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone running Falken Rubitrek Tires on their TV?

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I accidentally submitted this post twice and I can't figure out how to delete it.
    Last edited by RicknBobbie; 09-24-2022 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Duplicate Submission
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had never heard of those so did a search. There sure aren't to many reviews out there on them. Good luck on your search
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently tried the Falken Wildpeak tires on my truck and put a 1,000 miles towing with them. They are similar to Rubitrek, with only a couple of small differences. They are a good tire, and a "softer" tire than the Cooper Discoverer that I normally run (and went back to). They have a softer, more cushy feel, and for normal driving around, they are great, makes the truck ride a little less like a truck, and the traction from them is pretty good, although in a heavy downpour, I feel the Coopers do a better job.

The problem I had with them is that softer ride. It felt like the sidewalls are softer, even though they are rated for the weight, I could feel the rear end of my truck being pushed around more than with the Coopers. In corners, I could feel the lateral movement a lot more, and although not unsafe, not what I liked (more like a "P" than a "LT" tire). Going down the roads were great as the tires absorbed a lot more of the bouncing on pot holed pavement. I was able to switch back to the Cooper tires without any cost, and although they ride a little rougher, my rear is not moving around like it was. This is with a 5th wheel, so not sure how the Falkens would be with a TT. My last trailer was a TT, and I only towed it with the Coopers and the factory tires.

Side note, the Coopers are advertised by the factory as a tire for heavy towing. Also, not promoting the Coopers, there are a number of great tires, they are just the tire I like for an all terrain.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 09-25-2022 at 07:00 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting about the Wildpeaks. I have them on my F150, love them. My neighbor has them on his 3500 dually that he tows his 45 foot jayco toy hauler with, and loves them too. To each their own.

Also had a set of Falkens on our last explorer. Very nice ride, good value compared to other major brands, and they lasted a long time. I don't know the specifics on the tires you mentioned, but based on my overall experiences with Falken tires I'd go for it.