User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 2023 Solitude 2930RL and found the concern here about freezing temps. Check your manual. The tankless model we have has an antifreeze system. Perhaps Grand Design was listening to complaints.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 Reflection 367 BHS and have lived in it full time while building a house. We've been through two cold winters in the mountains of northern CA and had no problems with our on demand water heater and used it in temps down to 17 with a very harsh winter this year with all of the snow. We recently started getting an E5 error code and Furrion says its probably a water flow problem due to altitude and cold. This doesn't make sense to me since we haven't moved it in over a year and had no problems until now and its much warmer than it was. I played with the flow control knob and it didn't change the problem. It will start to get hot and then beep and flash the error code. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E5 code

Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrver View Post
    We have a 2022 Reflection 367 BHS and have lived in it full time while building a house. We've been through two cold winters in the mountains of northern CA and had no problems with our on demand water heater and used it in temps down to 17 with a very harsh winter this year with all of the snow. We recently started getting an E5 error code and Furrion says its probably a water flow problem due to altitude and cold. This doesn't make sense to me since we haven't moved it in over a year and had no problems until now and its much warmer than it was. I played with the flow control knob and it didn't change the problem. It will start to get hot and then beep and flash the error code. Any suggestions?
    Sorry to hear about your hot water issues, a hot shower is usually a reliable pleasure. The manual says: "E5: Air pressure". One cause is "Exhaust Blockage. Remove obstruction, then restart the appliance." Could that be an issue? From your description, it sounds like the unit starts up, but then throws the error. That could be consistent with a blockage. If you haven't moved the coach, the second cause of E5 ("High winds blowing on the exhaust.") doesn't sound likely. Have you tried shutting off the controller and then restarting it? The manual suggests that as a possible way to clear any codes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tankless water heater - IM-FHA00046_V1.0_Multi-v1579835638826.pdf 
Views:	7 
Size:	7.22 MB 
ID:	45905

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried all of those things. It started after we had some heavy wind and rain and I found a thread about the issue which suggested removing the exhaust vent hose and blowing it out. I tried that once, but I may try again and use a compressor with light air flow to dry it out. Hopefully that works.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our 2023 xls 22MLE in March so haven't been out in it yet. Some of the chat about the tankless WH got me a little concerned, so I hooked up water and turned it on to check. So far, so good.....my hope is because of everything being in close proximity, the water heater, furnace, and practically all the plumbing lines in this model, that getting hot water to the bath faucet, shower, and kitchen faucet fairly quickly should not be an issue. The furnace is right there also, which should help in cold climate. We do have a heated water hose and have camped in lower 30's and 20's before, and plan on doing more in the future. I understand some of the frustration with some posters complaining about being sold a "four season" camper, but can't have water if temp falls to 39 or below....hope that this issue is/has been rectified.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To update my tankless water heater troubles I spent several phone calls trying to trouble shoot the issue with Lippert. They were very helpful and said it was a flow issue. I adjusted the flow knob with no luck. I adjusted the water pressure which also did not fix the problem. I found if I turned the shower on half way and let it heat up and then turned it up a little further I could get it to work most of the time, but the kitchen sink never worked right with the hot water. Finally I started the warranty process and that apparently is all you need to do because once I started to fill out the information on the form the water heater started working perfectly again. Not sure what the issue was, but it is working fine now.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious how much propane the tankless water heater uses. One of things I like about our water heater is the ability to use just electricity, and save the propane. I've not heard if the tankless water heaters use a lot of propane. That would seem to be the only drawback for usage, other than if you're boondocking with limited water supply.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have lived in ours for 15 months and have found that the water heater uses very little propane. The heater uses a ton.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input about the water heater.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I am curious how much propane the tankless water heater uses. One of things I like about our water heater is the ability to use just electricity, and save the propane. I've not heard if the tankless water heaters use a lot of propane. That would seem to be the only drawback for usage, other than if you're boondocking with limited water supply.
    Based on our experience the TWH uses very little propane. We have been pleased to date with it's performance. The kitchen faucet does seem to take a little longer to get hot water too but really not too bad. Keep in mind we have a first gen TWH so I am sure Furrion will be doing upgrades to improve overall operation in colder climates. This has certainly been a valid concern. Even being here in Houston we take every precaution to drain it completely.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast