User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand the issues with cold weather camping. We live in ours in NOrthern California at 3500 feet and had a ton of snow this year. With tank heaters on and a heated water line we had no issues with anything in the 5th wheel not working due to cold weather. Temps were down to low 20s for days at a time and we had no issues.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low 20's are not really all that low.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Last winter it was in the teens with no issue. I recall reading on another thread that there were issues with tankless water heaters when the temps were below 39 which I have not experienced. That's the part I wasn't understanding.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrver View Post
    I agree. Last winter it was in the teens with no issue. I recall reading on another thread that there were issues with tankless water heaters when the temps were below 39 which I have not experienced. That's the part I wasn't understanding.
    I don't remember people actually having issues with the temperature below 39", but above freezing, but it seems like the literature that came with the tankless water heater mentioned not to use them below 39°. At least I think that's what I read. And yes, I didn't understand that either.
    Howard and Peggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just back from our first trip. First experience with the tankless WH, favorable for the most part. But the last night while one grandson was in the shower, I was outside and turned on the 'outside' shower. The inside shower immediately lost hot water.
    So, maybe its the long run, piping one end of the trailer to the other end??? Did not explore further, but I hope that this is not an issue. Where you can only run one faucet at a time.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the drop in pressure could have caused the water heater to not stay lit. I have read that it requires a certain amount of water pressure to light. But no first hand experience.
    Howard and Peggy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're 2 months into a 6 month trip with the tankless WH. Our previous TT had a regular tank WH and we didn't have any problems with it. I don't recall the actual time for the water in the shower/faucet to get hot but don't remember it being any different than our regular home. The tankless seems to take longer but the one thing I do like is the ability to adjust the temp before stepping into the shower, then just running hot water only. The ability to customize the temp offsets the other minor concerns. Now if we could just remember to adjust it back before doing the dishes
    2023 311BHS 5th Wheel
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 F350 Diesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornerstone View Post
    I do like is the ability to adjust the temp before stepping into the shower, then just running hot water only.
    Had never thought of that. Just curious, what do you set it for?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Had never thought of that. Just curious, what do you set it for?
    I have to credit DW with this idea. I set it to 100, she sets it to 106, then back to the max for regular use.
    2023 311BHS 5th Wheel
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 F350 Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set my shower at 113 and its perfect. it gets hot quickly because its near the heater. the kitchen sink takes longer because its further away from the heater. I don't think there would be any difference in the time with a traditional WH. Its a function of how far it is from the heater.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast