User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to read all the different evaluations here of RA. The same RA companies work for some folks but not for others. I know it depends on the geographical location of the service issues, but it's amazing the negative reports on break downs that happen in near metropolitan areas where folks can't get any service, or it takes forever.

If you read this forum or others, it's still impossible to make a logical conclusion on whether to buy it or not, and if so, which company!
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    If you read this forum or others, it's still impossible to make a logical conclusion on whether to buy it or not, and if so, which company!
    There are lot of questions in the RV world that don't have a right answer. A lot depends on your own self sufficiency. Can you repair a burned up hub by yourself on the side of the road? A good litmus test for whether or not you may need roadside assistance. How far do you travel? How often? What are your finances? What is your tolerance for risk? What does your support team look like?

So we each have to make our own decisions based on our individual situation. I have RA through insurance companies, but I also pay for GS Platinum. Insane huh... until you consider that they tow 41' 5th wheels, something most don't. I have also used GS when I was driving my sons POS and it broke down. When my wife locked the keys in the rental car. When I misjudged fuel consumption on my motorcycle.

Does it pay for itself? Nope. But it's nice sometimes to know it's just not me against the world.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post

So we each have to make our own decisions based on our individual situation…

Does it pay for itself? Nope. But it's nice sometimes to know it's just not me against the world.
    My position exactly. I look at RA as another form of insurance. GSRA has worked sufficiently well in the post.
    2023 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123