User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starlink uses Ka and Ku RF bands which have pretty strong line-of-sight directionality, so as long as you have a straight shot to the (northern) sky, what's on the ground around you makes no difference.

I position the unit thinking more in terms of aiming a telescope rather than elevating a TV antenna.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a pretty simple alternative. I use a length of 1 1/2" ABS plumbing drain pipe with a starlink pole mount adapter mounted on the top end using thread locker. A pair of double antenna mast clamps holds the pipe to my 5er's side mounted ladder. Now it's just a quick climb up my telescoping ladder to pop Dishy McFlatface onto the mount. My cable is routed through holes and grommets in the floor under the televator cabinet and out to the dish. You could also use a metal fence post if you wanted a more rigid pipe, but my plastic pipe is pretty stable with 2 brackets high and low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone find the Harbour Frieght pole a little bit wobbly when it is up high? I mounted mine yesterday to test it before we use it, and it seems like it would sway a lot?

Pole fully extended with no dishy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8388.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	46669

Pole with dishy.

Name:	IMG_8389.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	46670
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2011 Jayco Eagle 31.5RLTS (Retired)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spark00 View Post
    Does anyone find the Harbour Frieght pole a little bit wobbly when it is up high? I mounted mine yesterday to test it before we use it, and it seems like it would sway a lot?

Pole fully extended with no dishy.

Name:	IMG_8388.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	46669

Pole with dishy.

Name:	IMG_8389.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	46670
    My colapsable 20' HF pole mounted on our ladder does sway a little but doesn't lose any signal with our Yagi on our cell service. That includes even flying an ovcasional 3x5 flag at the same time 10' extended above the roof of our RV. We throughly like our setup and it has worked great for my DWs VPN work connection when traveling since installed.

Note: we also use 2 mounting points on our ladder to eliminate as much sway as possible.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here

We use ours to display a flag with it extended almost all the way and it’s not been a problem. I’m sure a flag would present more movement/action on the pole than a cellular antenna. Especially if the wind is up with all of the movement back n fort A cell antenna would be much more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    My colapsable 20' HF pole mounted on our ladder does sway a little but doesn't lose any signal with our Yagi on our cell service. That includes even flying an ovcasional 3x5 flag at the same time 10' extended above the roof of our RV. We throughly like our setup and it has worked great for my DWs VPN work connection when traveling since installed.

Note: we also use 2 mounting points on our ladder to eliminate as much sway as possible.
    F150 short bed
    Max tow package 20 inch tires
    36 gallon fuel tank 1600 payload
    TT 2500 RL (picked up June 25th 2021)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've moved to a different mounting system. 3 of them actually. Have the Flagpole Buddy ladder mount now with 2-2.5 adapter for the HF pole if I need it on the rear. Using a under tire mount but actually using it on the tongue jack if I need the pole on that end for clearer view of the sky. The pole does move a bit in either mount but has not caused any connectivity issues that I've seen. I bought a Amazon Basics speaker tripod with adapter from Etsy when I need to just move it away from the trailer.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spark00 View Post
    I use it at the house but leave top section retracted. Very little sway.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12