Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water issue

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this same issue at our stick and bricks after we replaced our electric water heater for the first time. We have really hard water and use a water softner. Each morning, DW would get "spat on" from our open type fancy faucets that she chose and I didn't want cause I thought they were too expensive. Lol it would only last a little bit but every morning. Anyway, after about 3 weeks I was given an ultimatum of sort. Took out the standard magnesium anode rode and to my surprise, it looked like it was 5 years old. Replaced it with another. Same thing. After some research, I replace that one with an aluminum one and the problem went away. I have since replaced it with an electric anode as DW wasn't fond of aluminum. We're on 6 years now and no issues. Your problem might be related to the water softener and magnesium anode.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I think this was previously discussed in a thread but I can't find it. Recently I've developed a weird issue with the water coming out of the bathroom faucet when hooked to city water supply. It's "fizzy" much like carbonated water. Looks white. Even makes fairly good water taste funny. It does get better if the water is allowed to run for a while.

It doesn't seem so bad in the kitchen, which is in the back of the trailer. The bathroom is closer to the city water inlet. It almost seems like air is getting injected into the system.

I use a whole house single cartridge filter on the input to the trailer. We use bottled water to drink most of the time, but I'd like any ideas on why this started occurring.
    Every time you disconnect you will get air in your lines. Your hose gets air, your filter gets air and the plumbing between the connection and the back flow device will have air. One word of advice concerning the bad taste, flush your filter every time you reconnect. You would be surprised what comes out of it even after just 4 or 5 hours of being exposed to the air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12