User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WFCO converter conversion to 8735-AD

I have read about individuals having issues with the auto detect feature of a newly installed WFCO 8735-AD. Are these isolated incidents of the auto detect feature needing to be "tricked" into switching to lithium mode? I don't want to purchase a headache. Thanks for any input.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just switched mine over to the WFCO "AD" model and have not had any issues so far. It has been keeping the Battle Born 100AH at 100%.
    I will be watching this thread though....just in case.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are charging as expected I believe you are over the conversion hump. Thanks for your quick response.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently installed a AD converter & having an issue. I've contacted WFCO in a follow up email to the initial problem & have not heard back.

One thing I do not like is the process for it to auto detect the lithium batteries & according to WFCO it is the only way. You must fully discharge your lithium battery & begin a complete charge cycle, I really dislike that process.

Having no choice I followed thru & the converter work as described for a few charge cycles. Now it has reverted back to default(green LED) & is using the the AGM LA battery charge profile.

This a terrible feature having to fully discharge a battery.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something about auto detect would turn me off. I would get something that allows you to choose.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Something about auto detect would turn me off. I would get something that allows you to choose.
    Totally agree, I've done the full discharge but the AD didn't stick after the first charge. Also, the bulk mode is limited to 2 hours, nowhere near enough for my battery bank. WFCO does have a new line with a switch, I personally would recommend against anyone buying the AD version.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get all the charging levels of a converter but with the stable voltage of a lithium battery, I would think the BMS would handle the main hurdles and the little extra you can get with the trickle charging of a lithium is really not that much for me. I mean, how much really can you get? A few extra ah? If I was concerned with just a few, I would think my capacity is too little to allow me a good nights sleep. If you lost 20% capacity, I get it, but I suspect there is just a few percentage numbers more.

I'm not talking about old school lead acid batteries, I get that.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response. Good to hear you are issue free.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response. Your experience is not uncommon. What you describe is causing me to delay this project with the AD.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wpatton View Post
    Thanks for your response. Good to hear you are issue free.
    Hi there @Wpatton, if you want to be clear about who you are responding to, please use "Reply With Quote" as I have done with you. You can also reference the user's handle using the "@" symbol before their name. This will help make it clearer who your message is meant for.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast