Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pump Not Syphoning Antifreeze

Winterizing our 2020 Solitide 373FB the past 2 seasons went flawlessly, following each step in the manual with no issues. This year, following the same steps, the pump will not syphon the antifreeze. Tried multiple various attemps to prime the hose [I use a short section of hose just long enough to reach the jug that sits in the Nautilus bay], but no luck. Reviewed several threads on this topic, but no luck. I can hear the pump running, but no syphon action. Tried the process both with the city water connection screen in place and removed with same result. I even added about 20 gallons of fresh water back into the fresh tank to make sure the pump was woking correctly in "dry camping" mode, and it did. Also checked behind the Nautilus panel and everthing looked dry and secure. The pump is the origional [Flow-Max 3.0 GPM].

Looking for suggestions! Thanks in advance.
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall View Post
    Winterizing our 2020 Solitide 373FB the past 2 seasons went flawlessly, following each step in the manual with no issues. This year, following the same steps, the pump will not syphon the antifreeze. Tried multiple various attemps to prime the hose [I use a short section of hose just long enough to reach the jug that sits in the Nautilus bay], but no luck. Reviewed several threads on this topic, but no luck. I can hear the pump running, but no syphon action. Tried the process both with the city water connection screen in place and removed with same result. I even added about 20 gallons of fresh water back into the fresh tank to make sure the pump was woking correctly in "dry camping" mode, and it did. Also checked behind the Nautilus panel and everthing looked dry and secure. The pump is the origional [Flow-Max 3.0 GPM].

Just taking the city water screen out will not help you. Take out, turn it around so the pointy end of it is facing inward towards the check valve that is right behind it, and then put it back in place. The pointy end will be just enough to push the check valve in and let the pump siphon from the bucket/jug/whatever you have the antifreeze in. Make sure to take it out and turn it back around to the normal position when you are done.

Let me know if that worked for you.
    Last edited by xrated; 09-27-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idea. Drill a hole in the bottom of a plastic container and put a bulk head hose fitting in there and hold it up high.

Joywayus Brass Male Garden Hose Bulkhead Fitting with Plugs,1/2" Female 3/4" GHT Male Water Tank Connector Threaded and 3/4" GHT Female Outer Hex Head End Pipe Caps Drain/Flush Port Kit https://a.co/d/4UKDwTj
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But. I like crated suggestion even better.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to remove any water pressure before reversing the screen.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had this problem before and I open a tap or two and then the pump primes and all is good. Has to do with pressure build up before the pump gets the antifreeze and this releaves the pressure so it can prime properly.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just taking the city water screen out will not help you. Take out, turn it around so the pointy end of it is facing inward towards the check valve that is right behind it, and then put it back in place. The pointy end will be just enough to push the check valve in and let the pump siphon from the bucket/jug/whatever you have the antifreeze in. Make sure to take it out and turn it back around to the normal position when you are done.

Let me know if that worked for you.
    **UPDATE*** This morning I repeated the process but flipped the screen and VOILA - pump worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the tip. I have updated my procedure steps. Even remembered to turn the screen back to its origional position when I finished! Thanks again!
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **UPDATE*** This morning I repeated the process but flipped the screen and VOILA - pump worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the tip. I have updated my procedure steps. Even remembered to turn the screen back to its origional position when I finished! Thanks again!
    Glad to be able to help. I encountered that issue on a previous trailer, several years ago and I just got into the habit of flipping it before even starting the winterize process.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it wasn't the problem here, but I have had this issue caused by me removing the built in water filter canister and not completely filling/tightening the filter housing.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS