User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a dimmer switch to my LED ceiling lights question

My MKE Imagine came with 9 LED ceiling lights that are either all on at the same time (at full brightness) or all off. I would like to add a dimmer switch to control the brightness. There are two on/off switches for the ceiling lights: one on/off switch on the side of the counter and another on/off switch on my control panel center where the controls for the slides, exterior lights, water heater, etc. are located. The on/off switch on the side of the counter is on the high side of the LED light circuit. If I replace the side-of-the-counter on/off switch with a dimmer switch will that work? Or, since there is a second on/off switch in the control panel, will that cause a problem?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this link will give you the information you are after..... He has an example of a dimmer on a 3-way circuit.

http://www.rv-project.com/gear/dimmers2.php
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littleapple View Post
    My MKE Imagine came with 9 LED ceiling lights that are either all on at the same time (at full brightness) or all off. I would like to add a dimmer switch to control the brightness. There are two on/off switches for the ceiling lights: one on/off switch on the side of the counter and another on/off switch on my control panel center where the controls for the slides, exterior lights, water heater, etc. are located. The on/off switch on the side of the counter is on the high side of the LED light circuit. If I replace the side-of-the-counter on/off switch with a dimmer switch will that work? Or, since there is a second on/off switch in the control panel, will that cause a problem?
    Let me try and save you some trouble. I have a 2022-17MKE and wanted dimmers too. What I found is that the 17MKE has 9 interior pucks that draw about 11 AMPS on full brilliance. I tried this dimmer first

https://www.amazon.com/Dimming-Trail...st_sto_dp&th=1

And burned it up. It has a 6AMP Max load. Then I tried this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PQ1VQY...roduct_details

It works great. Remote is ugly and big but it works. The control panel is behind the One Control panel. Hope this helps.
    2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2019 Silverado 4X4 RST
    1966 Chevelle SS
    2012 Vans RV-10

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tompotts View Post
    Let me try and save you some trouble. I have a 2022-17MKE and wanted dimmers too. What I found is that the 17MKE has 9 interior pucks that draw about 11 AMPS on full brilliance. I tried this dimmer first

It works great. Remote is ugly and big but it works. The control panel is behind the One Control panel. Hope this helps.
    That’s very interesting. Wouldn’t expect an led puck light to draw more than an amp each.

I have I think 7 or 8 on mine and the 4.5 amp has been flawless. Glad that switch worked for you! Sorry you had trouble with it. Thanks for the insight.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tompotts View Post

I have purchased the same remote control dimmer and I have accessed the Lippert One Control main unit. I know where the wire is for the 12v+ is, but I can not figure out where to connect 12v- into the dimming unit and the 12v- out of the dimming unit. How did you wire yours?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Barry
    Did you figure out which wire to tap into?
    I’m trying to figure out which wire also.
    Thanks Dave

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I did a couple of years ago. Works just fine. Dimmer upgrade
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob
    This is a little different. I have a 17MKE with compass connect. I need to know which wire is the positive feed to the first light in the circuit. I have the battery positive and negative and lights negative solved. I figured the first light would be the one closest to the control panel but it is not. When I tap into that wire the lights work but do not dim. I know the dimmer switch works, if I try it with one light puck that light will dim. So I need to know which wire goes to the first light and then all the ceiling lights should dim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom,
    I have been trying to solve the dimmer in my 17MKE. I can’t get the circuit to dim, lights are on but will not dim. I tapped into the 12v coming out of the control center so the output side of the dimmer is inline on that wire btw-I’m using the same switch as you did. If I remove a led and connect the dimmer directly to that one light that light dims. ???? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure all led lights are dimmable. Could this be part of the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast