User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview BT7 Rear Camera

I have a 2022 Silverado 2500HD and would like to install the subject camera. I've read folks are having issues with low voltage to the rear camera. Furrion make an adapter cable that apparently increases the voltage to 12V. Will this work with the Haloview camera or just the Furrion setup?

Thanks in advance.

John

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are talking about mounting a camera on your Camper, either a Furrion or Haloview will work fine with the included 12v plug supplied on relatively new Grand RV's. I went with the Haloview BT7 for a couple reasons. 1) its quite a bit less expensive than a comparable Furrion. 2) the picture quality is amazing. 3) It has super low-light capability and includes LED's that you can turn on for more light. 4) It comes with its own mount that I think is better than the factory-installed Furrion mount.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have read, the adapter https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...on/FR87PR.html says it is compatible with other camera systems.

Another option is to run a dedicated power wire to the camera from the 12v in the camper.
    My camera power wire comes off my clearance lights on the back of the camper, so I just have to remember to turn on the lights to power the camera.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an odd adapter and I have no idea why it is needed. Anyway, the Furrion/Haloview/et Al. just use 12v from your parking lights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This past season I installed the haloview rd7 and it works great. No issue with voltage. Picture quality is really great.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 1500 Silverado and added the power booster that Haloview sells. It sends 13.4 volts to the wireless transmitter on our range dominator system. This is mounted on the roof (the power booster). GM's have some sort of funky modulation (?) in the lighting circuit which I really don't understand but the booster overcomes that lower voltage. Since the system you are looking at has the transmitter in the camera, you want to make sure it receives 12+ volts while in operation to limit any lag or cut out.

The one we have is listed as a power booster and filter. They also have one that is smaller and is built into the power cable. If you are running multiple cameras, the unit linked above might be what is needed. You could install first and see how it functions before taking the $$$ leap.
    Last edited by Capt Bob; 10-10-2022 at 08:32 PM.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Just received the camera. Will try it with no adapter first and will report findings.

Cheers!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    We have a 1500 Silverado and added the power booster that Haloview sells. It sends 13.4 volts to the wireless transmitter on our range dominator system. This is mounted on the roof (the power booster). GM's have some sort of funky modulation (?) in the lighting circuit which I really don't understand but the booster overcomes that lower voltage. Since the system you are looking at has the transmitter in the camera, you want to make sure it receives 12+ volts while in operation to limit any lag or cut out.

The one we have is listed as a power booster and filter. They also have one that is smaller and is built into the power cable. If you are running multiple cameras, the unit linked above might be what is needed. You could install first and see how it functions before taking the $$$ leap.
    Ah - so that explains the need for an adapter. Why GM would screw with output voltage is beyond me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the Furrion mount that came on my GD because adding the BT7 to it made it stick out, would be hard to seal from water, and just didn't look like a quality installation. I had to widen the hole in the rear wall so I could tuck the cables in, and then fastened the BT7 directly to the wall - which looks good and is a clean install.

The clarity and low-light performance of the BT7 is impressive. I watched a Youtube video where they went to the other side of the campground from the camera and still had a good video image!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been running the BT7 with the two side cameras all summer as well and have been very happy with it. We have the mirror mount for the monitor and like being able to glance at the mirror like normal and see what is happening behind us.
    2022 Solitude 310 GK-R
    2021 GMC 3500

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast