User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the side cameras as well and love them. Also have the mirror mount and really like that it keeps me from having tons of stuff cluttering the dash.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed/mounted an AMTIFO A7 rear camera. I haven't driven with the 351M to how it performs, but it comes with a 7" screen and the picture quality is really good. Stay tuned.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview BT7 Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
    If you are talking about mounting a camera on your Camper, either a Furrion or Haloview will work fine with the included 12v plug supplied on relatively new Grand RV's. I went with the Haloview BT7 for a couple reasons. 1) its quite a bit less expensive than a comparable Furrion. 2) the picture quality is amazing. 3) It has super low-light capability and includes LED's that you can turn on for more light. 4) It comes with its own mount that I think is better than the factory-installed Furrion mount.
    We just installed the Haloview BT7 with side cameras. There seems to be a flaw in the system. If we hook the system up with a trigger wire, the system works fine until you put your foot on the brake. The monitor turns black and it doesn't know which camera to go to. There was a video posted for a fix in which the guy installed a converter to separate the brake lines. While this seemed to correct the monitor going black when the brakes are on, we still have an issue. When the turn signal is used, the camera will go to the correct side and then switches to the other camera and then back. Also, when we are backing up and the brakes are applied, the camera bounces from side cameras. I contacted the guy who used the converter and his is doing the same thing. We can't figure out how to correct this. If anyone has any suggestion, please let us know. I have emailed Haloview but have not heard back from them. They do not have a phone number to contact them and customer service doesn't seem to be very good.
    Last edited by RobynM; 02-06-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynM View Post
    We just installed the Haloview BT7 with side cameras. There seems to be a flaw in the system. If we hook the system up with a trigger wire, the system works fine until you put your foot on the brake. The monitor turns black and it doesn't know which camera to go to. There was a video posted for a fix in which the guy installed a converter to separate the brake lines. While this seemed to correct the monitor going black when the brakes are on, we still have an issue. When the turn signal is used, the camera will go to the correct side and then switches to the other camera and then back. Also, when we are backing up and the brakes are applied, the camera bounces from side cameras. I contacted the guy who used the converter and his is doing the same thing. We can't figure out how to correct this. If anyone has any suggestion, please let us know. I have emailed Haloview but have not heard back from them. They do not have a phone number to contact them and customer service doesn't seem to be very good.
    What coach do you have this installed on? Also curious about what you mean by a trigger wire, my camera works via wifi and just uses the trailer power to run the camera (I don't have the side cameras).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    What coach do you have this installed on? Also curious about what you mean by a trigger wire, my camera works via wifi and just uses the trailer power to run the camera (I don't have the side cameras).
    The trigger wire is used so that when you turn the right blinker on, the system will switch to the right camera and when the blinker is off, it will go back to the back camera. The flaw in the system is that when you put the brakes on, the screen goes black and doesn't know which camera to go back to. That is why we used a converter, but we are still having issues. We installed the camera system on our 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310 gk and a 2019 Ford F250.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manderson View Post
    We have been running the BT7 with the two side cameras all summer as well and have been very happy with it. We have the mirror mount for the monitor and like being able to glance at the mirror like normal and see what is happening behind us.
    Good morning! With the rear view mirror mount...it appears you have to run a power cable to the mirror. Can you wirelessly connect to the rear camera or is there hard wiring on the roof of the camper with a wireless transmitter that then connects to the mirror? I can't tell from the pics and the YouTube video. I know some of the Haloview campers are all wireless and some are wired. I was just wondering how yours worked and was wired with the rear view mirror? Thanks!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynM View Post
    The trigger wire is used so that when you turn the right blinker on, the system will switch to the right camera and when the blinker is off, it will go back to the back camera. The flaw in the system is that when you put the brakes on, the screen goes black and doesn't know which camera to go back to. That is why we used a converter, but we are still having issues. We installed the camera system on our 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310 gk and a 2019 Ford F250.
    Just a guess, but wouldn't both of the side lights be triggered by the brakes? That may be what is confusing your monitor.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Good morning! With the rear view mirror mount...it appears you have to run a power cable to the mirror. Can you wirelessly connect to the rear camera or is there hard wiring on the roof of the camper with a wireless transmitter that then connects to the mirror? I can't tell from the pics and the YouTube video. I know some of the Haloview campers are all wireless and some are wired. I was just wondering how yours worked and was wired with the rear view mirror? Thanks!
    I'm not him but we have the BT7 with the mirror mount. The BT7 signal is wireless. Only wiring to power the screen is required.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    I'm not him but we have the BT7 with the mirror mount. The BT7 signal is wireless. Only wiring to power the screen is required.
    Great. Thanks for the info.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    How long is your rig? Mine is 33' . I noticed some camera models are limiting wireless at 33' between camera and monitor. Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast