User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28BH towing question

Looking to purchase a 2018 model 28BH to be towed with a Chevy 3500 4x4 Duramax CC SRD standard bed, hitch weight is listed at 1600 pounds dry. If someone has this type of setup that could provide a realistic hitch weight and a recommendations for a hitch I would appreciate any information provided.

Any issues I should look for when doing a final walk around? The rig has been parked since new at a seasonal site. I have walked the roof and no tears but needs cleaned and treated, no signs of water intrusion. Testing the furnace, water heater and refrigerator; on electric and propane. I plan to replace all tires as we plan to travel upon retiring next year.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using 23% of the trailer's GVWR (a safe way to estimate loaded pin weights on fifth wheels), the pin weight shouldn't be over 2,600 lbs. I don't remember if GD was using the Turning Point pin boxes on the 28BH in 2018 but, if so, you'll need to use a conventional fifth wheel hitch with a capture plate or use the lock-out function on the Turning Point. Other than that, you'll get almost as many answers about favorite hitches as there are people towing with them. B&Ws are excellent hitches and we pull with a PullRite with which we are very happy. With a 4X4, your biggest problem is going to be getting the trailer level and still having enough bed rail to overhang clearance, I'm afraid.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015