You don't like good stuff?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one mentioned the hot water tank. For the tank style not the heat on demand, simply put it in bypass and drain. Try not to get antifreeze in there. Not a big deal if you do it will just take a bunch of flushes to get that taste out. It's not a bad idea to get the plastic spray nosle to and give it a good flush. Something like this https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-11691-Wa...823020441&th=1
    I also give the rig a good clean and inspect the roof and exterior sealants on the roof and around the windows, doors....
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    That would be hilarious if your significant other turned on the water before you were ready.....also make the ride home loads of fun...lol. "I told you to wait!"
    Well,,,,, on a tangent, before I travel, I have to put about 20 gallons of water in the grey tank to help get the pin weight up. At home, I run the water hose from the house to the shower with a gallon counter. Being only me, the water pressure isn't high enough that the hose will move out of the shower when I turn it on. Well this last stop, the water pressure was really high, and being it doesn't go through the trailer plumbing, I don't use a restrictor in order to fill it quickly. Turned the water on, and heard the hose start bouncing around the inside of the trailer, then the hose came shooting out the door and was flipping around spraying the outside of my trailer, and the next door one until I was able to shut the water off. Luckily, no damage, and very little water on the inside.

Yes, a shut off valve is on order for the end of the hose. The swivel hose/wand already had one.

My first thought when I saw the water hose come shooting out of the trailer, was it looked like one of those kids water rockets.

Now back to the thread.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 09-29-2022 at 08:25 PM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one that would have been fun to see. Sorry.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Now for something actually useful to add to this thread.......overinflate your tires by 10-15% after the trailer is parked. Helps hold their hape..recommended by GY. And don't leave tires on dirt.
    I too do this every year at winter storage. Since mine are G rated tires, the normal pressure is 110 psi, so I take them up to about 120 psi, then cover the three that are on the west side of the trailer. The east side has a detached garage next to it and never see direct sunlight.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We winterize every year by taking the trailer about an hour south of the southern most part of US 4, it's a tough way to make sure nothing freezes but effective.
    mid October is the target date to head to our spot in FL.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I understand the pipes and lines need to be cleaned out but what about the tanks? The grey tanks we can fully drain but what are you doing with the black tank? Fully drain? I know it can handle some water in it.

Also, anything else you do when winterizing not water related?
    If you have the tankless water heater, you will want to drain it and remove the filter plug. Once drained you should run the anti freeze through it, unlike the tank type which you bypass and drain. I found the latest Reflection manual, which you can download, has the procedure for the tankless heater. The Transcend manual may be the same.
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2006 Crossroads Cruiser - retired
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Rob,
    How do you blow out the ice maker line - just disconnect at one end? Curious because I believe the Samsung refrig only lets water in on a cyclic time frame. I see the on/off valve but no access to line except under the slide out and removing a clamp.
    Thanks,
    John
    I am on my second rig with a RR fridge, so I have some experience. What I do is blow out the lines and then us antifreeze. When doing the ice maker turn it on and wait for the pink slush to come through. Don't forget that if you have washer hookups to do them also.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I am on my second rig with a RR fridge, so I have some experience. What I do is blow out the lines and then us antifreeze. When doing the ice maker turn it on and wait for the pink slush to come through. Don't forget that if you have washer hookups to do them also.
    Good point on the washer - completely forgot about that. But to get pink in the hot water line to the washer, do you have to fill the hot water tank with pink?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Good point on the washer - completely forgot about that. But to get pink in the hot water line to the washer, do you have to fill the hot water tank with pink?
    No no no Hot water tank will be bypassed if you set your Nautilus on winterize. The red valve is the HW bypass. Get antifreeze in both the hot and cold lines. If you have a washer do that by running the machine on warm. If no washer open each valve with a bucket underneath until you get pink water, just like you do all the other water lines in your rig.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast