Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Winterizing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I have read it is a bad idea because of the moisture..so I put mine on 2x8's. They also don't leave them on asphalt because of the oils..keep them off concrete because of chemicals.....They pretty much say keep them off everything....except wood or plastic.
    Any thoughts on storing on gravel? It has really good drainage in that area, under a rv carport.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Any thoughts on storing on gravel? It has really good drainage in that area, under a rv carport.
    Most RV storage lots are gravel. Had mine on gravel for years, and no issues.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    I think it would be fine?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    ..... Don't forget to blow out the black tank flush line ....Rob
    3rd year into RV'ing and planning on Winterizing the day I leave the GD Rally in Live Oak, FL as temps will drop into the low-mid 20's the day after I return to the Atlanta area. I have never thought about blowing the black flush lines. I do run the pink juice through all the lines, including the outside shower ports, so the need to blow the lines first does not make sense to me. However, I never thought about the blackwater flush !!

I have a VIAR (i think its the 300). How would I do this without causing damage to the black flush line or anything else?
    Thanks in advance...
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I've never done anything to our black tank flushing system. It should drain completely without having to do anything. We've not had any issues after over ten years of freezing winters. YMMV of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    3rd year into RV'ing and planning on Winterizing the day I leave the GD Rally in Live Oak, FL as temps will drop into the low-mid 20's the day after I return to the Atlanta area. I have never thought about blowing the black flush lines. I do run the pink juice through all the lines, including the outside shower ports, so the need to blow the lines first does not make sense to me. However, I never thought about the blackwater flush !!

I have a VIAR (i think its the 300). How would I do this without causing damage to the black flush line or anything else?
    Thanks in advance...
    To use the VIAIR to blow out lines, you should get an air pressure regulator for the line. I have a little adapter that's a valve stem on one side and a male garden hose thread on the other to fit on the port (does not include the pressure regulator). Many compressors other than the VIAIR have built-in pressure regulators that your can use to dial in the pressure you want (15 or 20 PSI for blowing lines). If you have a fridge with an icemaker, you also need to cycle it until you get antifreeze in the ice tray.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the black tank vacuum breaker is working correctly the black tank flush line will drain by itself, no need to blow it out. Of course, blowing it out won’t hurt anything either.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234