User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, might as well ask

I love my GD and more than likely will stick with it. As for fifth wheels what other brands out there are not too bad.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Forest River is pretty good, at least in the middle and higher levels, I don't think they make a low end 5th wheel. My FR & GD both had minor issues but overall pretty good.
    I am not familiar fifth wheels, you may want to look at https://www.forestriverforums.com/ lots of good information and lots of helpful people
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I love my GD and more than likely will stick with it. As for fifth wheels what other brands out there are not too bad.
    If we ever had to replace our Solitude 5th wheel and we couldn't find another Solitude (probably not likely) that we liked, the only other 5th wheel MFG we would consider is Alliance.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-29-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd consider a DRV or a VanLeigh.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'd consider a DRV or a VanLeigh.
    Both of those are money! We probably couldn't afford either one of them.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    If we ever had to replace our Solitude 5th wheel and we couldn't find another Solitude (probably not likely) that we liked, the only other 5th wheel MFG we would consider is Alliance.
    I figured I should probably quantify why we would look at Alliance. All of the 5th wheel manufacturers use the same kind appliances so to us that's not much of a difference, and we are not interested in Bling! Alliance seems to have the same kind of customer commitment that GD has and is in the same price range. Very similar floor plans we like to the Solitude. The several Alliance owners we have met really like and speak highly of their RVs. In fact a couple Alliance owners said they would only consider GD Solitude as an alternative.

We probably would not look at anything owned or manufactured by Thor or Forest River. They don't seem to have the same commitment to customers that GD and Alliance has. Tiffin is now owned by Thor and the things I have read, Tiffin owners are not happy since Thor bought them out, but that might just be marriage blues.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-29-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's safe to say that the features/quality of any comparably priced units are going to be very similar. Shop by price point and floor plan.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears both of the Fenech brothers (cofounders of GD) have become partners/owners with 2 key ex GD employees in the newly forming Brinkley RV company. First reports I read we they were going to the small rv market.. Just recently found out that Micha has been traveling with his family in the prototype 5th wheel getting feedback in the field from random RV owners... This may bear watching closely.

Other than that I agree with Steve about considering Alliance
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Paradigm 5th wheels (Alliance) that I have seen. No idea on their build quality but they look good at the showroom.
    They look expensive as well.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We strongly considered Alliance when we ordered our 398. We walked through a lot of them and they do seem like nice units, the only turn off was a floor plan that worked for us. One strange thing I noted, when we walked through Alliance at a dealership, all the washer hookups were capped off, no valves, but at the Hershey show, all the washer hookups had actual valves. Alliance also highlights they have some color coded wiring system to make working on it easier. We are usually turned off by any RV that uses floor vents, Alliance doesnt, at least on the main floor. I dont recall if the bedroom has them or not.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast