Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Satelite Ports

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satelite Ports

Can anyone advise on setting up Dish playmaker? I spent a hour on the phone with their tech dept. had me run RG6 cable direct to the wally and it was great. Was told to connect to the ports that are pre installed and it was down hill from there. Decided I'll ask the experts, do these work or will I have to drill holes and run my own cables? 2022 Solitude 380FL We are in our 4th week of ownership. Love the layout but their multi point check list stinks. More on that at a later date.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a SAT connection in the wet bay that goes to the area of the main TV where you connect you Walley. The connection near the main TV should say SAT.

You may have to trouble shoot that cable run to make sure it is connect correctly.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a common problem (many threads on the groups and forums about it). The issue is the long runs of cheap coax and (when present) splice connectors. This causes a drop in both control voltage and signal strength with an automatic antenna. In both our previous Reflection and our current Solitude, I've had to install my own, shorter and more direct run of quad-shield coax with no splices to get good quality, reliable reception with our Pathway X2 antenna (and the Pathway X2 has the largest reflector and delivers the strongest signal of any of the Dish portable automatic antennas).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be too high tech for some, but this video shows what is going on with a Refection satellite coaxial cable and a solution to the factory stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oreNIfj2Gu0

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    This may be too high tech for some, but this video shows what is going on with a Refection satellite coaxial cable and a solution to the factory stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oreNIfj2Gu0

That is a good video. I have replace the barrel connectors with the blue ones and found the signal to be much better in our last camper, I haven’t tried the satellite in the new reflection yet. The video gave me the idea to pull the wall plate inside behind the TV and see if there might be enough slack in there to do a direct connect to the sat receiver. Even if it works OK, every little bit of signal can make a difference when a rain storm comes along.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost