User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 337RLS door hard to close fix

Like so many others, the door on our new 337 was impossible to close, especially from the inside. We had to slam it so hard I was afraid I was damaging the wall. I tried everything I could think of, nothing worked. I then did a search and found an older thread with this link, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLUOX...ature=youtu.be , and it worked great. Now I can close the door with a finger, no more slamming it so hard it rocks the trailer. So if you have a hard door to close, give it a try, it works.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Like so many others, the door on our new 337 was impossible to close, especially from the inside. We had to slam it so hard I was afraid I was damaging the wall. I tried everything I could think of, nothing worked. I then did a search and found an older thread with this link, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLUOX...ature=youtu.be , and it worked great. Now I can close the door with a finger, no more slamming it so hard it rocks the trailer. So if you have a hard door to close, give it a try, it works.

Dale
    Dale,
    I had a similar situation with ours but it just required the door striker plate to be adjusted. Good info if this issue was to show up. Never thought to tweak the door frame in this manner.

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Dale,
    I had a similar situation with ours but it just required the door striker plate to be adjusted. Good info if this issue was to show up. Never thought to tweak the door frame in this manner.

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    The striker plate adjustment did nothing for mine. Thank goodness for the internet and the forums. The fix was fairly simple and was actually a video from Lippert on how to correct the problem.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale
    Interesting. I had a similar problem but it wasn't the camber. Dealer had to adjust the frame. Took a bit of time but now works great too.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Interesting. I had a similar problem but it wasn't the camber. Dealer had to adjust the frame. Took a bit of time but now works great too.

Rob
    After making the adjustment in the video mine closes with one finger and you can pull it closed from the inside with no effort. Seems the quality control before the item leaves Grand Design is lacking. Also, the shower door is missing a lot of caulking on the bottom and leaks like crazy and floods the floor. It will be an easy fix though.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After making the adjustment in the video mine closes with one finger and you can pull it closed from the inside with no effort. Seems the quality control before the item leaves Grand Design is lacking. Also, the shower door is missing a lot of caulking on the bottom and leaks like crazy and floods the floor. It will be an easy fix though.

Dale
    I agree with you. All the talk that Grand Design does about quality control seems to be just that, talk. I have major water leak from the shower too. Took a couple of hours of removing caulking and re-doing it properly so that it didn't flood my front basement storage compartment.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I agree with you. All the talk that Grand Design does about quality control seems to be just that, talk. I have major water leak from the shower too. Took a couple of hours of removing caulking and re-doing it properly so that it didn't flood my front basement storage compartment.

Rob
    I did a temporary fix while we were camping with some plumbers putting and it stopped the leak. Now that we are home I need to dig it out and do a permanent fix. The first time my wife took a shower it flooded the entire bathroom floor. You can actually see where they missed with the caulk/silicone, very sloppy work.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy