Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Grand Design

Good morning all. Good Lord's will, my family and I are supposed to pick up our first GD travel trailer tomorrow. It's a 2021 2910BH. While we are not new to RVing, this will be our first GD. Any tips, hacks or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    Good morning all. Good Lord's will, my family and I are supposed to pick up our first GD travel trailer tomorrow. It's a 2021 2910BH. While we are not new to RVing, this will be our first GD. Any tips, hacks or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Welcome to the forum, I hope your pick-up goes well. Did you get a good PDI form? Don't let yourself get rushed, check everything thoroughly. Much easier to negotiate a fix before the seller has your money.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group. There's lots of info on regarding tips and tricks and mods that owners made. Don't be shy to ask any questions.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. Yes, the pick up went good. 8 hours windshield time over the whole trip but no issues. Good walk thru. Errythang worked as is should and the components work and are similar to our last trailer. Hoping it will be as good as our last one. Next on the list, a heavier truck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently purchased a 2022 Imagine 2800BH; our first Grand Design.We have previously had 2 small Jayco fifth wheel trailers and 2 Keystone Cougars. Took the new 2800 out for a try last week and enjoyed it. We have had a series of problems: first trip home after purchase discovered we had no brakes, brakes had to be rebuilt. Now thermostat is @ 8 degrees off, also lamination below bench seat came off and the hitch had to be adjusted (not installed properly). Trailer pulls nicely and we really like the build and usability of the coach. Look forward to using it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    Thank you all. Yes, the pick up went good. 8 hours windshield time over the whole trip but no issues. Good walk thru. Errythang worked as is should and the components work and are similar to our last trailer. Hoping it will be as good as our last one. Next on the list, a heavier truck!
    Hi Madgeopher! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new rig! Glad to have you here. Glad the pickup and PDI went well.

To help with the truck choice, you should take your setup to a cat scale so you can see the real weights you are working with.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS