User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Superduty

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 Superduty

Just went digging around the Ford site to get info in the new and improved Superduty. I see that there is now a H.O. version of the Powerstroke. Finally dug down to a "spec" screen and I found that the new engine, along with all the others have the same horsepower and torque. They all have TBD horsepower and TBD torque. This must be a new unit of measure for a dynamometer.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    They all have TBD horsepower and TBD torque.
    So, I wonder if anybody is ordering the HO motor with those "specs".
    Personally, I'm not sure how much I'd pay for "Door #1 ".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image009.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	43253
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towed Behind Dodge - Maybe?
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford is waiting for the competition to announce HP and TQ numbers for MY 23. When it is said and done, Ford will be the class leader in all categories...until GM and RAM revise their numbers.

Do the specs really matter if Ford can't actually finish and deliver any trucks? There are 40,000 '22 Super Duties sitting in Kentucky waiting for chips so they can be shipped out. Tons of features are not available due to supply chain issues. The '23 order guide is supposed to be available soon, but I have little confidence that they will be able to fulfill those orders in a timely fashion.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    Just went digging around the Ford site to get info in the new and improved Superduty. I see that there is now a H.O. version of the Powerstroke. Finally dug down to a "spec" screen and I found that the new engine, along with all the others have the same horsepower and torque. They all have TBD horsepower and TBD torque. This must be a new unit of measure for a dynamometer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    So, I wonder if anybody is ordering the HO motor with those "specs".
    Personally, I'm not sure how much I'd pay for "Door #1 ".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image009.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	43253
    We know it gets its own turbo with liquid cooling, along with other more minor modifications to make more power.

Chevy has taken themselves out of this power war and basically declared the Duramax ‘makes enough’. They argue that they torque limit less in gears 1-3.

For most of us, they are right. A surprising number of people still go immediately tune these 1000lb-ft motors for more power though. Why not capitalize on that market by giving ppl an option to pay Ford directly for the extra power, and maybe reduce ‘bad tune’ failures in the process.

Now we just need supply to catch up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what is happening with some orders. I keep on seeing people say it's been 14+ months from order to still not here.

I ordered my 22 F450 beginning of September.

In possession mid February. But I also didn't want (or deleted) the "this will hold it up options"
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    Do the specs really matter if Ford can't actually finish and deliver any trucks? There are 40,000 '22 Super Duties sitting in Kentucky waiting for chips so they can be shipped out. Tons of features are not available due to supply chain issues. The '23 order guide is supposed to be available soon, but I have little confidence that they will be able to fulfill those orders in a timely fashion.
    GM and Stellanis are going the other route, and delivering incomplete trucks. You get the truck, a $50 credit, and they'll activate things like heated and cooled seats when they can put a chip in it for you. I don't think that's any better when you think about how much you're spending for the potential of having the features you paid extra for never working.

As for the 22s, Ford has a mess. I cancelled my order because I don't want one that's been sitting at the Kentucky Motor Speedway for the last year. I'm hoping they've sourced from more reliable providers for 23 and simplified some things.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    Ford is waiting for the competition to announce HP and TQ numbers for MY 23. When it is said and done, Ford will be the class leader in all categories...until GM and RAM revise their numbers.

Since I have been driving dually trucks in 2001, Ford has always had the highest rated HP. But they have often fallen short in real life. In 2001 GM introduced the Duramax with 397 HP. That was higher than the PS. Ford quickly raised their rating, even offering a recall to reflash the computer for supposedly more power.. When the GM engineers were asked why they released 397 as the HP number instead of a nice round number like 400,410 etc. (Ford has always had nice round numbers) they replied that they had extensively tested the Dmax, and that was the number it came in at. And they were comfortable with bringing it to market with that rating against the competition. They then went on to crush the higher rated Ford in all of the HD towing tests that year.
    You will note that they always state "advertised HP/TQ" Not actual.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    A surprising number of people still go immediately tune these 1000lb-ft motors for more power though. Why not capitalize on that market by giving ppl an option to pay Ford directly for the extra power, and maybe reduce ‘bad tune’ failures in the process.
    It seems to me that the time and expense of getting a wide variety of high power optional tunes both tested and ruggedized for warranty coverage as well as approved by EPA makes a bridge too far.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford released my 2020 at 475/1050 and I took it on up to 550/1175. Just wondering what a tuned HO version of this engine would do.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast