User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Superduty

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Dang! That's a bummer. Well at least that stock pays dividends.

Thanks for letting me know about the change!

Best regards,
    Chris
    Mustang Club of America is the least expensive way to qualify for X-Plan unless you happen to be employed or retired from a Ford partner company like I am.

For Mustang club qualification you must at least join at the $35 digital level membership. https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/ and you must be a member for at least 90 days when you take delivery of the truck.

Here’s a link to a list of the partner companies

https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z...ner-companies/
    Last edited by Jerryr; 11-10-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joining Experimental Aircraft Association is another low-cost way. Plus they have a couple decent magazines to choose from with your membership.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Joining Experimental Aircraft Association is another low-cost way. Plus they have a couple decent magazines to choose from with your membership.
    EAA.ORG is an excellent organization. I’ve been a member for decades.

EAA membership is. $48/yr where Mustang clubs digital is $35. If your only joining to qualify for X-Plan either is a good choice.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2015 super duty F250, 165k miles, received my first DEF death notice, “you only have 50 miles before you can’t drive anymore”.
    Dealer checked it out and too much gunk had accumulated in the system.
    They cleaned it up and truck runs fine.
    -no “clean now or else “warnings in the last 3 years.
    -Run 2000 rpm for an hour every month.
    Has me wondering how much time I have left before trading it in or take the chance of $5k bill to replace the whole system.
    If anyone else had similar situation, what did you do?

Thx,
    Joh
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 F350 with 93,000 miles on it. DEF heater went out and paid 900 to have it fixed. Ford sent me a check a year later after I got a notice in the mail and returned my invoice. With the price of new trucks, $5,000 is only a few months payments!
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a big fan of Super Suty trucks.

I ordered 3 Super Duty trucks last year. The first 2 orders with X-Plan recently arrive. The F-350 Platinum SRW was delivered 12/20. I traded my 2020 F-350 Lariat SRW in on it. The dealer gave me a trade in value equal to what I paid for it 2 years ago.

Then the F-450 King Ranch I ordered March of 2022 arrived on January 12th. It was ordered with X-Plan Price Protection and final price was $9,000 below delivered MSRP. Then I traded the 3 week old F-350 Platinum in on the 450 and the dealer gave me $4,500 more than I paid for the 3 week old F-350.

The 3rd truck was ordered January 2022 from Chapman in PA at 4% below final invoice. Ford ran out of commodities and didn’t build it so it was reordered as a 2023 F-450 King Ranch, Chapman is honoring the original 4% below final invoice deal. Then Ford recently offered me a $5,000 private discount certificate towards the 2023 order to replace the unfilled 2022 order.
    Jerry & Linda

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 SWD F-350 82,000 miles - Last year I had multiple occurrences of the same issue. Various Ford Dealer performed regens and told me that I may needed a new system. Sounds crazy but I found that I had a bad battery. Changed both and have had zero issues since. Towed my 337RLS back to East Coast from Portland OR and then to FL for the winter.

Just an FYI. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Have a 2015 super duty F250, 165k miles, received my first DEF death notice, “you only have 50 miles before you can’t drive anymore”.
    Dealer checked it out and too much gunk had accumulated in the system.
    They cleaned it up and truck runs fine.
    -no “clean now or else “warnings in the last 3 years.
    -Run 2000 rpm for an hour every month.
    Has me wondering how much time I have left before trading it in or take the chance of $5k bill to replace the whole system.
    If anyone else had similar situation, what did you do?

Thx,
    Joh

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 72,000 miles I had my DEF heater/pump assembly replaced. It supposedly was the reason I kept getting the 500 miles left to drive notice. A month after that was replaced, I realized I had one bad battery (truck wasn't turning over as it should). Replaced both batteries, and no problems since. Also, the Ford dealer did a free emissions update on the PCM at the time the DEF heater/pump was replaced. After that, the truck had a lot more power! If you haven't gotten the update, I would suggest you talk to your Ford dealer.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Since I have been driving dually trucks in 2001, Ford has always had the highest rated HP. But they have often fallen short in real life. In 2001 GM introduced the Duramax with 397 HP. That was higher than the PS. Ford quickly raised their rating, even offering a recall to reflash the computer for supposedly more power.. When the GM engineers were asked why they released 397 as the HP number instead of a nice round number like 400,410 etc. (Ford has always had nice round numbers) they replied that they had extensively tested the Dmax, and that was the number it came in at. And they were comfortable with bringing it to market with that rating against the competition. They then went on to crush the higher rated Ford in all of the HD towing tests that year.
    You will note that they always state "advertised HP/TQ" Not actual.
    GM did not have 397hp in 2001 the 1st duramax was rated at 300hp

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    GM did not have 397hp in 2001 the 1st duramax was rated at 300hp
    You are correct, that was in 2011. Fordwas still using the 7.3, then. They rushed the infamous 6. OH OH into production (IIRC code named scorpion)into production to compete with it.
    I had a Senior moment.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast