Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware of losing septic hose storage tube

Hey all,

Just a word to inform you of how my septic storage tube came loose. As the wife and I exited the freeway for a short stop, she noticed the septic storage tube was hanging down from one end and dragging the ground. Fortunately it must have just happened because the plastic wasn't worn much. We had been traveling some fairly rough roads during our 6,000 mile trip. Come to find out that the end that we all access the door to open the tube is mounted to a 6 inch piece of 1 inch square steel tube and secured with 2 bolts (see photo). This square tube is welded to an "L" shaped piece of steel that starts the square tube and extends into the underneath of the rig and under the cover. The other end of the storage tube had only one bolt (self tapping) holding it to the same "L" shaped steel (I only know this because I just followed the steel by feeling for it through the underside cover). Although the plastic bracket has one hole for bolts in each end, there was only one bolt on one end secured and the plastic broke off around the one bolt. There is no 6 inch square steel tube under there to secure it to. Sorry for the long explanation. But I built a "T" out of 1 inch square tubing and secured that to the "L" shaped steel. But since one of my plastic mounts was now broke off I just wrapped this steel tape around it and was able to secure both ends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220930_164437.jpg   20220930_164549.jpg  
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting, my Momentum and Reflection had the tube mounted to the frame rails. I wonder why the change?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not fond of those round sewer hose holders, I've seen quite a few of them where all that was left was the flat mounting plate, the tube was gone. In fact, when we bought our current trailer, both of the round hose tubes were MIA. I replaced them with 5" fence post covers and a section of guttering for the inside. The gutter makes replacing the hoses much easier. I mounted one with strapping, and one with through bolts. Work great.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S