User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design and Colerain RV big disappointment

Hi GD Forum - I come to you to share our experience with our second Reflection - this time a 341RDS. No longer need the BH - the kids have moved out, so it’s just me and Momma now. Frankly, we’re loving camping more now than ever. But, I digress…back to the purpose for my post. So, in June we bought a 341RDS from Colerain RV in Columbus. I had been moving forward with General RV, but the Colerain GM convinced me I was making a big mistake, so I went with Colerain. I love the smaller dealers anyway. I’m sorry to tell you this was a big mistake itself - bad experience with Colerain and with our new Reflection. First, the GM warned me if we went with General, they would attempt to slip in hidden fees. Then Colerain tried to sneak in a $1,300 fifth wheel prep fee. Sorry, I’m already setup with a fifth wheel hitch. Then the quality issues began. First, the refrigerator didn’t work - dead compressor - now we have problems with the replacement. More problems - issues with the landing gear; no caulking around the shower doors, so guess what happened with the first shower; staples stick out of the bedroom floor - who tried to run staples into a metal floor??? Unbelievable. Refrigerator doors and kitchen drawers won’t stay shut during travel. The bedroom door is warped and won’t close. The Maxxair fan hatch doesn’t open when you turn on the fan. There are more issues. My problem now is getting Colerain to get on these - I dropped it off a month ago. Also, I can’t get Colerain to submit all items to GD. GD has told me if they were submitted, they would be covered. Now I’m in the middle. Incidentally, the GD reps have been so nice, but apparently have no influence here. Now after many, many excuses, Colerain won’t even return calls. I tell you all this, partly to express how disappointed we are with both GD and Colerain. The quality of our first unit was second to none, so we didn’t even look at other makes with #2. I also am hoping someone can advise us on where we go from here. Totally helpless and, after cancelling several trips are likely done for the season and the Fall is our favorite. Anyway, so sorry for the long post. Help?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Hi GD Forum - I come to you to share our experience with our second Reflection - this time a 341RDS. No longer need the BH - the kids have moved out, so it’s just me and Momma now. Frankly, we’re loving camping more now than ever. But, I digress…back to the purpose for my post. So, in June we bought a 341RDS from Colerain RV in Columbus. I had been moving forward with General RV, but the Colerain GM convinced me I was making a big mistake, so I went with Colerain. I love the smaller dealers anyway. I’m sorry to tell you this was a big mistake itself - bad experience with Colerain and with our new Reflection. First, the GM warned me if we went with General, they would attempt to slip in hidden fees. Then Colerain tried to sneak in a $1,300 fifth wheel prep fee. Sorry, I’m already setup with a fifth wheel hitch. Then the quality issues began. First, the refrigerator didn’t work - dead compressor - now we have problems with the replacement. More problems - issues with the landing gear; no caulking around the shower doors, so guess what happened with the first shower; staples stick out of the bedroom floor - who tried to run staples into a metal floor??? Unbelievable. Refrigerator doors and kitchen drawers won’t stay shut during travel. The bedroom door is warped and won’t close. The Maxxair fan hatch doesn’t open when you turn on the fan. There are more issues. My problem now is getting Colerain to get on these - I dropped it off a month ago. Also, I can’t get Colerain to submit all items to GD. GD has told me if they were submitted, they would be covered. Now I’m in the middle. Incidentally, the GD reps have been so nice, but apparently have no influence here. Now after many, many excuses, Colerain won’t even return calls. I tell you all this, partly to express how disappointed we are with both GD and Colerain. The quality of our first unit was second to none, so we didn’t even look at other makes with #2 . I also am hoping someone can advise us on where we go from here. Totally helpless and, after cancelling several trips are likely done for the season and the Fall is our favorite. Anyway, so sorry for the long post. Help?
    First off, it looks like this is your first post, wish it was with a better story. I'm so sorry this unpleasant experience happened to you. It sounds like you've been in touch with GD Customer Service. If you're having issues with your dealer (which isn't that uncommon), have you considered a mobile tech? Often if there's an issue that GD is covering, they will also authorize a mobile tech which will come to your location to do the work.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - thanks for the quick reply. GD did suggest that option, but it’s all to me - I coordinate everything, have to pay for the travel costs, and there’s no guarantee on the issues being paid for by GD. So, just sounds like a risk at this point. But, thanks for the idea.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your dealer is unresponsive, I would highly reconsider the mobile tech. Another option is to call another dealer or even standalone RV repair facility and see if they will work with you. Some dealers wont service you if you didnt purchase there, but keep looking, you might find one. Whatever you do, stay away from Camping World, GD wont authorize them to do warranty work, and even if they did, you dont want them to work on your camper.

If you are handy, we can also help guide you through repairs on the forum. Plenty of knowledge and experience on this forum.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More great advice. I may have to reconsider the mobile tech option. The rest of the story here is the dealer has taken a first pass and submitted some items to GD, then parked it in the back forty, as the call it. But that initial submission was delayed and occurred only after GD informed me nothing had been submitted. Mysteriously, happened the following day. Anyway, thank you. I’m going to revisit this conversation with GD, get my ducks in a row, and look more seriously at that mobile tech option. Thank you so much!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don''t want to deal with mobil techs then yoiu are pretty much stuck on relying on the dealer you're not happy with unless you find an independent shop willing to work with GD

You could try going to the dealer in person and have a talk with the managing service person and or the owner. Also a call or email to Jerry Mcarthy at GD.
    Jerry McCarthy (VP Service Operations): [email protected]
    may or may not help. If the delay is due to supply chain issues I'm afraid you may be stuck waiting it out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design and Colerain RV big disappointment

More great advice. I may have to reconsider the mobile tech option. The rest of the story here is the dealer has taken a first pass and submitted some items to GD, then parked it in the back forty, as the call it. But that initial submission was delayed and occurred only after GD informed me nothing had been submitted. Mysteriously, happened the following day. Anyway, thank you. I’m going to revisit this conversation with GD, get my ducks in a row, and look more seriously at that mobile tech option. Thank you so much!
    Hi RedHawk,

Welcome to the forum. So sorry it has to be under these circumstances. I think the mobile tech choice is a good one. Does not matter if the dealer has contacted them or not. Until parts or money change hands, you can still alter course and turn this into a win. Call GD, explain the dissatisfaction with the dealer and ask for a mobile tech. They will work with you.

Good Luck with this an please keep us updated on your progress.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have left messages with the Service Manager with no return call. Perhaps, next step is back to the GM, but given his poor direction and the bogus fifth wheel prep fee, my trust level with him is pretty low. Thanks for the GD contact information. Will seriously consider that if this goes another week with no action or response. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. Just to clarify - does GD provide the tech, or do I need to find one? Maybe they at least will recommend techs?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. Just to clarify - does GD provide the tech, or do I need to find one? Maybe they at least will recommend techs?
    Hi RedHawk,

No GD does not provide the mobile tech. Not likely they would be able to recommend one either. Good news is you now have a huge resource here, and people can relate the expel and provide you recommendations.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast