Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the master GFCI?

2018 Solitude ST 310

None of my external 120v receptacles are working. I know they're fed by a master GFCI inside the trailer but I can't find it. The one in bathroom is working so it's not that one.

TIA, Ron
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no standard where they are located, sometimes in kitchen, sometimes behind couches, also, remove the rear lower access panel from fridge and check in that cubby for a GFI outlet.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... basement, kitchen island...

Edit: An additional thought if you can't find another GFCI, I had a lose of power on a couple outlets and it ended up being a loose connection at one of the plugs down stream of the GFCI.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 10-01-2022 at 08:55 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    2018 Solitude ST 310

None of my external 120v receptacles are working. I know they're fed by a master GFCI inside the trailer but I can't find it. The one in bathroom is working so it's not that one.

TIA, Ron
    I had to go out and check mine. It only has one exterior 120V outlet. I tripped the bathroom GFCI outlet and the exterior outlet went dead.

Maybe make sure the bathroom outlet is good. Trip it and reset it once or twice to see if it works.

Hope this helps.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. The bathroom GFCI is good. Basement, outside, and wet bay receptacles are dead. I'll pull out the kitchen slide and look around. Gotta be somewhere.

BTW, on our last 2 trailers the only GFCI was in the bathroom so that's the first place I looked, on those, if the bathroom popped, it killed the whole trailer.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. The bathroom GFCI is good. Basement, outside, and wet bay receptacles are dead. I'll pull out the kitchen slide and look around. Gotta be somewhere.

BTW, on our last 2 trailers the only GFCI was in the bathroom so that's the first place I looked, on those, if the bathroom popped, it killed the whole trailer.
    Sounds like a bad connection down stream of the bathroom GFCI. As Larry verified the 310 (at least his) the bathroom GFCI supplies the ext outlets.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh - so strange. Maybe take out the bathroom GFCI and test it? Maybe bypass it as a test?

I forgot about the basement and wet bay, but they are on the same bathroom GFCI as the exterior outlet.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our 2018 (same model year as yours) Solitude 310GK, there is only on1 GFCI device, the duplex outlet in the bathroom. All other internal and external GFCI protected outlets are on this circuit. If the GFCI in your bathroom works (sets, trips and resets), I strongly suspect a bad wire connection down stream of it. The outlets use an IDC( insulation displacement connection) that is notoriously unreliable. I would start by pulling the GFCI outlet in the bathroom and check the connections and output there. Then start pulling and checking the rest of the outlets that are on that circuit (kitchen island, exterior, passthrough (curb side and the wet bay) for power/bad connections.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris. I agree now but was wondering initially if there was another GFCI somewhere. You confirmed there’s only one so that’s my focus.

Thanks Ron
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reinforce what @CoChris said, there is only one GFCI outlet in our 2020, as well. Those IDC outlets are a PITA to work with, too. I've had to replace about half of them in our rig in a little over 2-1/2 years due to the housings breaking (over-torqued mounting screws at the factory). I ordered the special tool to get the wires seated in the outlets only to find that the tool, designed for residential outlets, is a bit too big for the outlets used in our RVs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast