User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I have a heat pump

Can anyone tell me by this vin number if my 2017 Solitude has the heat pump option?

573FS4328H1107921

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found what looked like a build sheet\order sheet in the trailer that seems to show that this was selected as an option when ordered but when I first attempted to use it the only option on the thermostat was just heat. I bought a new airxcel thermostat that has now shows heat electric and heat gas but when electric is selected nothing happens.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexoisbender View Post
    I found what looked like a build sheet\order sheet in the trailer that seems to show that this was selected as an option when ordered but when I first attempted to use it the only option on the thermostat was just heat. I bought a new airxcel thermostat that has now shows heat electric and heat gas but when electric is selected nothing happens.
    In one of your cabinets and in your document pouch there is a list of equipment that your trailer was built with. The sheet in your pouch is more accurate than the list on the door in some cases. Check the model number of the AC/Heat Pump that was installed in your unit on line and you can find it that way. Mine has the heat pump and it is model 48059-969.

One word of caution that the list on the cabinet door could be how the trailer was ordered but due to supply chain issues some items might not have been installed. My list says I have the Onan generator but the trailer was never built with it due to parts shortages. I would use the sheets in your document pouch.

If your build sheet has a S/N then it should be there. Maybe not hooked up properly. Other thing is there are multiple thermostats if you have more than one A/C. I have 3 A/Cs and only the one for the heat pump shows electric heat. Same one that shows gas heat.

Rob
    Last edited by Calbar; 10-02-2022 at 07:37 AM.
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    In one of your cabinets and in your document pouch there is a list of equipment that your trailer was built with. The sheet in your pouch is more accurate than the list on the door in some cases. Check the model number of the AC/Heat Pump that was installed in your unit on line and you can find it that way. Mine has the heat pump and it is model 48059-969.

One word of caution that the list on the cabinet door could be how the trailer was ordered but due to supply chain issues some items might not have been installed. My list says I have the Onan generator but the trailer was never built with it due to parts shortages. I would use the sheets in your document pouch.

If your build sheet has a S/N then it should be there. Maybe not hooked up properly. Other thing is there are multiple thermostats if you have more than one A/C. I have 3 A/Cs and only the one for the heat pump shows electric heat. Same one that shows gas heat.

Rob
    I can't find a list on any cabinet doors so far but the black grand design pouch did have a laminated sheet which appeared to show that the heat pump option was selected, but I can't find it now. I have two units the front is the AC only unit. There are two product booklets in the pouch one AC only and the other says 48000 series heat pumps and the previous owner appears to have hand written the serial number 161212726 and model number 48254C869 on the booklet. I'm not sure where to find the model number on the actual unit and it is difficult for me to get on the roof do to my disability. Does this help narrow things down?

Thanks

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the documentation for the thermostat and see if it says anything about heat pumps. Not all thermostats are compatible with heat pumps. If there's instructions in the thermostat installation manual for set up with a heat pump, follow those instructions and check operation. If there's no mention of a heat pump then you may need a different thermostat.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexoisbender View Post
    I can't find a list on any cabinet doors so far but the black grand design pouch did have a laminated sheet which appeared to show that the heat pump option was selected, but I can't find it now. I have two units the front is the AC only unit. There are two product booklets in the pouch one AC only and the other says 48000 series heat pumps and the previous owner appears to have hand written the serial number 161212726 and model number 48254C869 on the booklet. I'm not sure where to find the model number on the actual unit and it is difficult for me to get on the roof do to my disability. Does this help narrow things down?

Thanks
    It seems to me that with the documentation you have a heat pump. You may want to call Grand Design customer service and have them confirm with the VIN. Only other way that I would know is to get the dealer to confirm and figure our why it is not working if you can't get up on the roof.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada