User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure all the Reflections are 96" wide with the Solitude being 101" wide. But does not hurt to double check.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nprario View Post
    Pretty sure all the Reflections are 96" wide with the Solitude being 101" wide. But does not hurt to double check.
    When I was doing all these hitch measurements I measured my 303RLS at 97" wide. That may include some bit of welting or trim on each side.

I am mystified as to why GD does not just put the width on the posted specs list.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have fought this battle til I'm done. I have a 2023 GMC 2500HD Denali with OEM puck system, and new Reflection 337RLS. Dealer said use the B&W Companion OEM slider so I listened. Picked up the 337 and if I had not put my tail gate down (per B&W advice btw), the dealer demo would have taken out my multi-pro tailgate when they demo'ed the slider.

The slider will work at least in the configuration mine was in, so it was useless at 280 lbs. Dealer is going to get me the B&W fixed companion as I had originally suggested. At least for me, my truck and the 337RLS, the slider as it was set up by my Grand Design dealership, WILL NOT WORK.

I am going with the B&W Companion OEM fixed position hitch RVK3710 in the morning!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nprario View Post
    Thought I would add to the thread my experience. I was working through the same thing with my new Silverado 3500. We finally just picked up our 31MB in Colorado Springs from a private party and we live in San Diego. I went with the BW OEM non slider hitch in my standard bed truck. A little worried about levelness on trailer, space from rail to under the trailer and turning radius. I am happy to say all worked out very well. Hope my pictures work here. I ended up pretty level with 7" of space between the bed rail and the trailer. My turning radiuse in a sliver shy of 90 degrees and the tailgate clears fine even at a pretty good angle. In the jackknife photos the truck is actually going up a slight inclince as well.

Attachment 43860
    Attachment 43861
    Attachment 43862Attachment 43862
    Looking at a 2024 GMC 3500HD. Is there a compelling reason to go with a long bed over the standard bed? Looks like the new puck location being placed further back gets you close to 90 degrees. Not that you need it - but.. What about ride quality difference?

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super late to the party.. but..

I'm running a #4500 OE Puck Series 24K SuperGlide for 2020 and newer GM trucks on my 2022 2500HD Denali Crew Cab Standard Bed (6'8") At 209lbs its a little heavy but wifey and I muscle it in and out easy enough. Im pulling a Reflection 150 280RS which is one of the lighter pin weights so I'm well within my cargo cap. Seems to be working well enough for us but I have no point of comparison.

Only complaint is I've had to adjust the post that tensions the slider when in the straight position so that it doesnt surge back and forth a couple times to get it just right but that takes less than a minute each time.
    2023 Reflection 280RS
    2022 GMC 2500HD Denali
    Many memories to be made..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Looking at a 2024 GMC 3500HD. Is there a compelling reason to go with a long bed over the standard bed? Looks like the new puck location being placed further back gets you close to 90 degrees. Not that you need it - but.. What about ride quality difference?

Dutchman2
    I don't have anything to compare the ride to. I have not towed with a long bed. The ride towing seems good to me but I like a firm ride.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a Pullrite 2600 gooseball hitch and love it. rated at 20K uses the gooseball on your truck, I can get 90 degrees with the 6.8 bed in my 2020 3500.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200812_194307.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	46657

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same truck, however i went with the Demco auto slider for two reasons. The first was it is easier to back up. What i mean by easier is no stress. Second reason. My old truck, manual slider and my trailer back then was a Sundance with the front cap purposely made to make tight turns. However one day i creased the back end of my truck. Which you don't want to do. But that was years ago and a motor home in between where i am at today. So the slider hitch was planned before the tuck arrived. And with the puck system, easier to take it out. Providing you have a cum along or cable puller attached to your rafters.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LTZ
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 280 RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great discussions here. Thought I'd bump it so others can benefit.
    We wound up taking most of a year off of RVing but are getting back into it. Having the 303 serviced now. Will mount a GMC rear camera soon.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789