User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

UO21-003 MOR Ryde X-Factor Adjustable Crossmember - anyone have them

I am trying to find first hand experience on the Morryde X-Factor cross members. Has anyone installed and do they work.

Thanks for any feedback
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the cross members installed on my 230RL fifth wheel this spring. I also replaced the equalizers with CRE3000's and had new wet bolts and bushings installed. I already had over 20,000 miles on my rv before doing this without any suspension problems. I only did it for piece of mind after reading too many posts about broken spring hangers. Went from Florida to Maine this summer with them on. There was no noticeable difference in towing.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruditudes View Post
    I had the cross members installed on my 230RL fifth wheel this spring. I also replaced the equalizers with CRE3000's and had new wet bolts and bushings installed. I already had over 20,000 miles on my rv before doing this without any suspension problems. I only did it for piece of mind after reading too many posts about broken spring hangers. Went from Florida to Maine this summer with them on. There was no noticeable difference in towing.
    Thanks
    Whats important is less stress on the suspension.

Appreciate the feedback
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I am trying to find first hand experience on the Morryde X-Factor cross members. Has anyone installed and do they work.

Thanks for any feedback
    I installed one between my suspension equalizers. Easy to install. I'm not sure I can say they work or do not work, but it's easy to see how they do re-enforce the hanger brackets.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got 3 on our 310 fifth wheel. 30k miles towing and all brackets sill in place with no cracks. They could be the same without the braces , but I wanted to help them any way I could.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed them on our 337, for added strength/rigidity. I've noticed fewer squeaks/creeks while backing up at sharper angles since installing.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I’ve got 3 on our 310 fifth wheel. 30k miles towing and all brackets sill in place with no cracks. They could be the same without the braces , but I wanted to help them any way I could.
    Charlie
    I'm with cfowler55...... I'd suggest putting them on all three hanger locations. I had one on my mid section SRE4000 and got some frame cracks in the I-beam webbing above the rear spring hangers from the frame flex when turning tight corners (forward or backwards). I think these could have been headed off if I had them on the front and rear spring hangers too.

It doesn't matter now tho - I'm sitting in my rig that is up on air jacks in MorRydes shop getting an IS installed. Should be done tomorrow.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had the CRE3000 installed, x brace across the center equalizer. Upgraded to 3500 pound springs, on the front and rear spring hangers was going to weld a plate that I seen KYD (ytube couple ) do on there camper. Took it out for a test run this weekend and couldn’t tell much difference, the suspension was a little stiffer with the different leaf springs but that was about it. I’m with everyone else… I’d rather have more than just enough.
    2019 GD Reflection 320MKS
    2020 Ford F-450 crew cab Lariat plus DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the X-factor brace at all three positions when my 2017 Reflection 303RLS was new due to all the broken spring hangers I kept reading about. I now have 57,000 miles on the trailer and have to make a very sharp turn to back into and exit my driveway. I installed 3000# springs on the left side to get rid of the lean. I've broken two right side leaf springs (one Lippert OEM and one aftermarket) but have had no issues with the spring hangers.

Bill
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Duramax
    Curt Q20 and R20 slider with GM factory pucks