User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    notnsuv

303 License Plate Bracket

Have any of you replaced the license plate bracket on your Reflection? I got my plates yesterday and see that one of the el-cheapo plastic tabs for the plate bolt is busted off my brand new rig. I know I can find a bracket at a parts store but don't care for drilling into the rear wall since I don't know what's behind there. I suppose I can do that and be sure to seal it tight but wanted to find out if it's been done and what/how you might have come up with. I'll mount below the light so the plate is lit of course. Don't want to replace the OEM bracket with the assembly that is the base for the tail light since it's such cheap junk and would most likely get broken again. I could see both tabs breaking from road wind and losing the plate completely.

How thick is the rear wall, any idea? I have nut-serts I could use instead of screws.

Thanks

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here are quite a few options from Amazon. Maybe you could make one of these work.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...e+plate+holder

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When moving the RV from Indiana to the dealer we have to put a "transporter" plate on the RV. You would be surprised on how many of the cheap plastic plate frame end up broken.
    Last edited by mburtsvt; 07-15-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling

notnsuv
    Picked one up at the local RV place and will get in on ASAP. Duct tape looks good on the back window but I want somewhat original.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notnsuv View Post
    Have any of you replaced the license plate bracket on your Reflection? I got my plates yesterday and see that one of the el-cheapo plastic tabs for the plate bolt is busted off my brand new rig. I know I can find a bracket at a parts store but don't care for drilling into the rear wall since I don't know what's behind there. I suppose I can do that and be sure to seal it tight but wanted to find out if it's been done and what/how you might have come up with. I'll mount below the light so the plate is lit of course. Don't want to replace the OEM bracket with the assembly that is the base for the tail light since it's such cheap junk and would most likely get broken again. I could see both tabs breaking from road wind and losing the plate completely.

How thick is the rear wall, any idea? I have nut-serts I could use instead of screws.

Thanks
    What did you end up going with? I just received my license plate from DMV but as I went to mount it on that plastic holder underneath the taillight I noticed one side was already cracked where the bolt goes through. I went ahead and installed the license plate but need to find a better solution because I too am afraid I'll lose the plate some day.
    Smitty and Diana
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4486
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/Cummins 6.7

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Smitty,

Ours was broken on one side and the plate sat about an inch out from the wall at the bottom.
    I put two stainless screws through the bottom plate holes (and of course our "paw print" frame ) and into the wall with some silicone sealer. This draws the plate in flat to the wall and should secure it even if the top attachments break. The wall seems to be about 1/4" thick. This hasn't moved in the year since I did it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

notnsuv
    I mounted directly to the wall as well. With that gray putty-type sealant they have at the RV dealers to seal the holes and the screws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a vintage Yosemite license plate frame and attached it to the Taillight bracket with 1/4-20 bolts, nylon lock nuts and wide washers.
    It's the same inexpensive plastic bracket that was on my other trailer. Surprisingly It was cracked in the same location as others noted. It held up for 14 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg