User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Don't you have Battle Born Batteries?

"For example, lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) is popular for replacing 12-volt lead-acid batteries. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have excellent chemical and thermal stability, which makes them safe for rugged applications. Additionally, they have a long life cycle and a high current rating. We use this chemistry in our Battle Born Lithium Batteries."

https://battlebornbatteries.com/what...m-ion-battery/
    No, I have a pair of battery modules straight out of a Tesla Model S. This gives me the equivalent of 20 100ah Battle Born batteries.

Lithium Ion Chemistry and 24 volts Nominally. Technically, my voltages are 18v to 25.2v. Consequently, my Victron equipment is capable of very precise voltage settings.

I keep my Solar system and batteries operational when the coach is in storage. This allows me to keep my Temperature controlled exhaust fans operational, which keeps my coach fresh (pair of Fantastic Fans with rain sensors and full shrouds). This also allows us to walk up to the camper at any time and open the slides or even pickup take out and go down to the camper to eat while the A/C is running.

When I place the camper in storage, I simply set the Solar system to charge one volt lower and when we are prepping for a trip I raise the voltage back up 1 volt. Because the batteries are Lithium Ion, I keep a 10% buffer at the bottom and top of the voltage range to enhance longevity of the batteries. I have never fully charged the battery pack and my (self made) BMS will not allow me to fully discharge the battery pack (the Low Voltage is a Hard Cutoff). I do keep the Inverter turned off while the camper is in storage, however, turning it on is simple through the Victron phone app.

I love having the Tesla batteries because of their high energy density (20 BB equivalent in a box 10 inches tall by 12 inches deep by 24 inches wide [ whole battery pack fits under the stairs ]), I would not currently recommend this battery solution. The price of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) has come way down since I did my installation and building your own BMS, while doable, was a challenge.

PS: the Tesla batteries are mentioned in my signature.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 11-30-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear I saw BB in the past. Is this new?

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I swear I saw BB in the past. Is this new?
    No, I've always had the Tesla batteries in this camper.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567