User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt816 View Post
    I've had the Lippert auto-leveling on two different units. As already mentioned here, the site may not be as level as you believe it to be. If that is the case, the auto-leveling may reach "out of stroke".

Secondly, I have found that if the camp site slopes toward the rear, i.e. the ground is higher at the hitch and lower at the rear bumper, the Lippert A-L will not work properly when the nose of the rig has to go lower. I have had this situation numerous times and slowly realized that this was the common denominator in many of my leveling issues.

Lastly, and this probably is not your issue, there are at least two leveling sensors somewhere beneath your rig. Twice, I have had a sensor become loose and was hanging by the wires behind the coroplast. The system goes crazy then trying to find "level".

I just purchased a 303RLS and on our maiden camping trip two weeks ago, the site sloped to the rear. After pushing the A-L button and the system going through the motions, the rear jacks were completely extended and I felt like I had a treehouse. I brought the unit down and leveled it manually using a 4ft level and lowering the nose first. Then I set that as my "zero point". When I brought the unit home to clean it out, the system did a better job leveling (than it did previously when I first brought the rig home).

Hope that is helpful.
    Unless LCI has changed their 4 point 3.0 system, mine (which I installed myself) only has one level sensor centered behind the rear axle about 2' back on a thin cross-bar going from frame to frame. The 6 Point 3.0 systems may have 2, but its not listed in their instructions.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...ion_manual.pdf
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert 4 point 3.0 has two level sensors from the factory on our Reflection. One up front in the storage area, one behind the axle behind the corplast.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 10-10-2022 at 05:23 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Pretty sure they don't recommend that...That would pretty much guarantee failure of the auto level system.
    Taken from the Lippert Ground Control Auto-Leveling manual"

"When Auto Level Sequence begins, the front of the trailer will lower slightly to a point below level."
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the 12 to 18 inch difference you mentioned that I was taking exception to. I like to get it within a couple cm before starting AL

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Taken from the Lippert Ground Control Auto-Leveling manual"

"When Auto Level Sequence begins, the front of the trailer will lower slightly to a point below level."

Interesting though, my 3.0 system does the opposite. It raises the nose to touch above level as it's first operation. Maybe different revisions have different algorithms.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 10-10-2022 at 05:36 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Unless LCI has changed their 4 point 3.0 system, mine (which I installed myself) only has one level sensor centered behind the rear axle about 2' back on a thin cross-bar going from frame to frame. The 6 Point 3.0 systems may have 2, but its not listed in their instructions.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...ion_manual.pdf
    The rear sensor MUST be in line with or behind
    the rear leveling jacks, as signified by Section
    B in Fig. 3. Both the front sensor and the rear
    sensor MUST also be mounted in line with the
    center of the frame, as signified by the dotted
    blue line in Fig. 3.

I believe the front sensor is built into the controller on the 5th wheel version. The TT version has two separate sensors.
    Bruce and Michelle with Callie (GSD)
    2019 Ram 2500 6.4 HEMI Laramie; 2023 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asirico22 View Post
    so are you suggesting going from 13th to 10th pin hole on the front jacks?
    Yes, maybe even the 8th. Is the site higher in the front or the back? If it's higher in the front be sure there are at least several inches of clearance between your wood and the bottom of the leveler plate. That will give the leveler room to work with. If the site is higher in the back, then you can move the front legs lower.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I unhook is to lower the front legs about 4 inches, pull the pins and let the feet touch the ground then continue to lift the front of the camper until the weight is off the truck.

After I uncouple I use manual to lower the front of the camper 2 or 3 niches before I hit auto level. This way, when I hit hitch height, the trailer will go to a height that is proper for the 5th wheel hitch to hook up properly.

So far it has worked well for me.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply guys, I will go the manual route and see what I have to do. Afterall its just parked, but I would like to extend the slides with all six down and as close to level as I can. I am sure its not recommended to extend the slides not level.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt816 View Post
    The rear sensor MUST be in line with or behind
    the rear leveling jacks, as signified by Section
    B in Fig. 3. Both the front sensor and the rear
    sensor MUST also be mounted in line with the
    center of the frame, as signified by the dotted
    blue line in Fig. 3.

I believe the front sensor is built into the controller on the 5th wheel version. The TT version has two separate sensors.
    I hope not. We moved the control panel from the front wall of the street side storage bay and put it on an umbilical. It was really awkward having to stick my head into the bay to locate which button I would want to push, then lean out (leaving my finger on that button) to monitor what was happening. Several times.

Now, I can stand back about 18 inches and watch what's going on when I push the appropriate buttons.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The control panel isn't the controller. Some units have the panel mounted on the door of the hold.
    Bruce and Michelle with Callie (GSD)
    2019 Ram 2500 6.4 HEMI Laramie; 2023 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast