User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Some Help - How Do I Download Movies/Shows from a Firestick?

Hi All,

We have a Firestick that we use at home, but where we are camping soon we cannot. I've heard/read that it is possible to download shows from say Amazon Prime Video or Hulu to watch later without Wifi, but I really have no idea how to do so. Can someone explain in detail what I need to do so?

Thanks.
    Last edited by MJMCCAND; 10-10-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm almost certain you cannot download onto a Fire Stick - it doesn't have the internal memory to do it. I download Prime videos using the Prime Video app on a Windows 11 laptop - but it has 500GB of storage space.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm almost certain you cannot download onto a Fire Stick - it doesn't have the internal memory to do it. I download Prime videos using the Prime Video app on a Windows 11 laptop - but it has 500GB of storage space.

Rob
    I see. How do you get the program onto the TV? Are you connecting your laptop to the TV via a HDMI cable or can you screen share directly from your laptop to your TV?

Thanks.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    I see. How do you get the program onto the TV? Are you connecting your laptop to the TV via a HDMI cable or can you screen share directly from your laptop to your TV?

Thanks.
    I normally watch what I've downloaded on my laptop (my wife is not interested in my documentaries). When we want to watch something together, we normally just stream on the ROKU TV (we have an unlimited hotspot plan) or I share the laptop using the "Connect to a Wireless Display" function to cast to the ROKU TV if the program material is from a source not available on ROKU. It would be better quality and less complicated, though, If I were to get up off my lazy behind and connect the HDMI output on the PC to an HDMI input on the TV (easy to get to with our setup - I'm just lazy).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I will download movies and shows from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and HBO to the corresponding apps on our iPhones and an iPad. We try to do the downloading on our home WiFi network. To watch them we use a Lightning to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable connected both to the adapter and a HDMI port on the television. You will have to tell the television to switch to the correct HDMI port. There will be a number beside the port (usually hard to see without a flashlight unless you have very young eyes). We occasionally have to reboot our iPhone and/or iPad to get them to send the video and audio to the television, but this method has worked well for us. We leave one end of the HDMI cable connected to the television, wrap it up with a Velcro strap and shove it behind the television when not in use.
    Have not used a Firestick or Hulu so can't offer any suggestions for them. Our method should work fine with Android phones and tablets.
    Hope this helps.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    Hi All,

We have a Firestick that we use at home, but where we are camping soon we cannot. I've heard/read that it is possible to download shows from say Amazon Prime Video or Hulu to watch later without Wifi, but I really have no idea how to do so. Can someone explain in detail what I need to do so?

Thanks.
    I just saw this thread. @Second Chance is correct, the such didn't have enough storage space to hold one, let alone several, movies or shows.

I recommend using a tablet, or an old cell phone, get it connected to the TV (either by getting an Apple AirPlay dongle, and Apple AirPlay compatible TV if you have Apple devices, or a Google Chromecast dongle if you have Android) and downloading the movies or shows in the specific app, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.

If using Windows on a laptop, if the laptop didn't have an HDMI output, you can buy a VGA to HDMI adapter to plug it into your TV's HDMI port.

The second paragraph is Great way to reuse an old cell phone. Just plug it into a charger, and cast the movie or show to the TV.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he ^^^ just said. We dowload vua netflix, prime... onto the laptop snd tablet. Then we either connect to the TV via hdmi or we sometimes cast to the TV via our chrome cast.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post

If using Windows on a laptop, if the laptop didn't have an HDMI output, you can buy a VGA to HDMI adapter to plug it into your TV's HDMI port.
    If you have a Win10 or 11 laptop and wifi in your RV, simply enable Windows integrated DLNA server - simple setting change. Our TCLs have a native app (Roku Media Player) that allows us to play any compatible video/audio from my Windows laptop directly on the TV - use it all the time. No HDMI or physical connection required.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    If you have a Win10 or 11 laptop and wifi in your RV, simply enable Windows integrated DLNA server - simple setting change. Our TCLs have a native app (Roku Media Player) that allows us to play any compatible video/audio from my Windows laptop directly on the TV - use it all the time. No HDMI or physical connection required.
    I was thinking the simplest way to display a video from a computer. There are many ways to cast to Google Chromecast, Apple Air Play, Roku, etc. This was just the simplest solution.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I was thinking the simplest way to display a video from a computer. There are many ways to cast to Google Chromecast, Apple Air Play, Roku, etc. This was just the simplest solution.
    Guess what I was saying is that everything I use is native to the TV and Laptop - only need those connected to my wifi travel router.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast