User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who put in residential refrigerator

Looking to see if anyone had to reinforce their slide floor after taking out the shelf the absorption fridge sat on?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Looking to see if anyone had to reinforce their slide floor after taking out the shelf the absorption fridge sat on?
    I didn't have to reinforce mine when I took it out. It's just wasted space.
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our members said his floor bowed with the weight directly on it without the shelf.

I ended up going with a smaller residential fridge so I can use the shelf. New fridge has 2 more cu then old dometic did. 100 lbs lighter also! Lol
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    One of our members said his floor bowed with the weight directly on it without the shelf.

I ended up going with a smaller residential fridge so I can use the shelf. New fridge has 2 more cu then old dometic did. 100 lbs lighter also! Lol
    Im interested in what model residential fridge you got. Im wanting to replace my Dometic RM1350 with a residential fridge, but haven't found one that is close to the same size.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Im interested in what model residential fridge you got. Im wanting to replace my Dometic RM1350 with a residential fridge, but haven't found one that is close to the same size.

Mike
    Picked up a Frigidaire 13.9 cu. Paid 599 and it is 100 lbs lighter, 2cu larger and WAY more efficient. Search Frigidaire 13.9 and you should see my posts.

I have 2.5 inches on each side and 4.5 inches on top open. I am raising the original shelf 2 inches, then trimming it out. Should be doing this in another week or so....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.