User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, we tried most of them, so here's the update to my dilemma. I purchased this unit through RV Solar Connections and they have been pretty helpful in attempting to solve this problem. Today I packed up the Multiplus and sent it back, they are going to warranty the unit and send out a new one. No matter what we did the unit would not go out of inverter mode, as an inverter it would work just fine, but it never would charge the batteries or pass through any power.

One of the big stumbling blocks the created a huge waste of time was the software conflict between the Victron Connect and the VE Bus (LE Config 3). The two do not play well together, first one loaded runs, it then requires a computer reboot to switch softwares. I tried multiple computers with the same result. This is one area that the tech support guys could improve. If they had the software to take over my computer they could have seen what was happening first hand and probably eliminated hours of headache for all of us.

I am looking forward to getting the new unit, hopefully this one will be a little more plug and play!
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith596 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, we tried most of them, so here's the update to my dilemma. I purchased this unit through RV Solar Connections and they have been pretty helpful in attempting to solve this problem. Today I packed up the Multiplus and sent it back, they are going to warranty the unit and send out a new one. No matter what we did the unit would not go out of inverter mode, as an inverter it would work just fine, but it never would charge the batteries or pass through any power.

One of the big stumbling blocks the created a huge waste of time was the software conflict between the Victron Connect and the VE Bus (LE Config 3). The two do not play well together, first one loaded runs, it then requires a computer reboot to switch softwares. I tried multiple computers with the same result. This is one area that the tech support guys could improve. If they had the software to take over my computer they could have seen what was happening first hand and probably eliminated hours of headache for all of us.

I am looking forward to getting the new unit, hopefully this one will be a little more plug and play!
    Sorry you were not successful in getting the unit to work properly. I hope the next one works as advertised. Please touch base back and let us know,

Thanks
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's been a mess for you. Hope the replacement is trouble free. We had quite a time getting ours lined out but it's been worth it in the end. Hope you have the same result.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I received the new unit and today did the install. Amazingly everything worked, my only glitch was when updating settings the software called for a reboot which I clicked ok on and the system shut down. The fan was running as if bulk charging but I had no power to the rv. I manually shut everything down and restarted, she's been working like clockwork since. I am sure there will be more tweaking to the system as I figure everything out.

I guess one good thing about the first unit was it sure gave me an education about the Victron Multiplus! Though it was very frustrating.
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I received the new unit and today did the install. Amazingly everything worked, my only glitch was when updating settings the software called for a reboot which I clicked ok on and the system shut down. The fan was running as if bulk charging but I had no power to the rv. I manually shut everything down and restarted, she's been working like clockwork since. I am sure there will be more tweaking to the system as I figure everything out.

I guess one good thing about the first unit was it sure gave me an education about the Victron Multiplus! Though it was very frustrating.
    Even if it was painful. I am glad to hear they stood behind the product and got it right. My unit was plug and play. The VE bus connects perfectly and mostly do setting on my cell phone.

Congrats on the success!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123