User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that would be fairly cheap. I am shipping a jack to another member this afternoon. I will get you a price while I am there and I can ship it right away. Private message sent.

Randy
    Last edited by stroguy; 11-25-2022 at 08:00 AM.
    Randy and Kris

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Item is sold
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two questions now:
    1) What is "bumping"?
    2) Surge protectors are not EMS'? Why is everything complicated? I bought a pedestal version from Techno RV, but now I have to see what it is. I want it to protect my rig from serious electrical damage. I hope I have proper protection.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Bumping" is posting on a thread so it pops back up in the "New Posts" column, or the thread comes up to the top of the list of new posted threads.

A "Surge Protector" is just that: it will protect your trailer electronics against power surges, or spikes. An EMS is an Electric/onic Monitoring System, and it does more than just protect against surges and spikes, although it does that too, it will interrupt power to your trailer if the voltage is too high, or too low, or not allow the trailer to connect if certain conditions are not met. A very handy device to have.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hoopy. Yes this unit goes the extra distance to monitor the line voltage for many factors and makes an interrupt when one is exceeded. Best part of this unit is initial power on. You flip the breaker and it has a delay of a few seconds while looking at your pedestal power. If it is cool then it makes the final connection automatically, ‘kerchunk’.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    "Bumping" is posting on a thread so it pops back up in the "New Posts" column, or the thread comes up to the top of the list of new posted threads.

A "Surge Protector" is just that: it will protect your trailer electronics against power surges, or spikes. An EMS is an Electric/onic Monitoring System, and it does more than just protect against surges and spikes, although it does that too, it will interrupt power to your trailer if the voltage is too high, or too low, or not allow the trailer to connect if certain conditions are not met. A very handy device to have.
    Thanks for the explanations. I just checked and while mine doesn't say it is an EMS, it appears to have the protections you describe. It is the "30A Surge Guard Portable Total Electrical Protection 34930". I think I'm covered okay, I hope.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12