User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer/Dryer Install

My first question is, are washer/dryer combos any good? When I was doing my walk-through with GeneralRV, the lady told me that a combo never really gets the clothes dry...? Is that true?

Next, whether or not I get the combo or 2 units, I need to install a dryer vent, anyone have any sources on how two specifically with a 367BHS or similar?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a combo unit that requires no vent.

Clothes come out fairly dry. My wife found that she preferred getting them semi dry and then hanging them up, otherwise they would be permanently wrinkled.

Loads are small, as would be expected, but it's very nice to have.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had an all in one unit that was vented, it took a long time do a load, sometimes over 2 hours to wash and dry. it did get the clothes fully dry, it just took a while to do so. The individual units work better IMO.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 367bhs. Getting ready to do this. Any tips?
    Dan & Rachel (Traveling Full Time) with 15 yr old Daughter and two Westies.
    2019 Reflection 5th 367BHS
    2022 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6L L8T V8.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asirico22 View Post
    My first question is, are washer/dryer combos any good? When I was doing my walk-through with GeneralRV, the lady told me that a combo never really gets the clothes dry...? Is that true?

Next, whether or not I get the combo or 2 units, I need to install a dryer vent, anyone have any sources on how two specifically with a 367BHS or similar?
    There are lots of posts on the forum about this. Using google, try this search "mygrandrv.com dryer" (without the quotes. The google site does a better search than this one although you could search or modes forum for the keyword combo or dryer.

I see your camper has them located in the closet - dryer on one side, washer on the other. Seems to me that GD never considered a combo unit for those units (dumb plan on their part) but they are more concerned in their issues (weight) than ours - usability.

ok - all digs against GD aside - the combo only takes longer because you have to use it both wash and dry. The individuals are only "quicker" because you can was one load while drying another. RV dryers mostly are only 120 volt, so they take longer. Vented generally drys faster than non-vented.

oh - double check were GD said to vent; on my unit is was wrong. And most likely reconsider where GD placed the washer supply valves; wrong again on my unit & I had to relocate them.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods