Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
That's showing a range of possibilities with ordering options. Even though it's the "VIN" it's just giving a range for that model.

That's not an official Ford site by the way. It's just showing data ranges for that truck model which is coming back as the range of the entire line.

You really need to either see the truck in person, and as much as I hate the blind worship of it, the holy yellow sticker will give you an idea of what it is.

But there are a ton of options that affect both "holy yellow sticker" capacity, and actual engineering capacity.

Good example of when holy yellow and engineering differ, on an identical truck.

My F-450 was available with a 12,000 GVWR option. What does that change? Nothing but the sticker, it's a choice driven by tax and licensure regs in some states.

Same reason you see a lot of "heavy spec" 250s with a 9999lb GVWR to stay under some states regs. Truck is just as capable and safe as the 12-14k version. No mechanical differences.
Ok, that I get. The reason that when I look at my truck that the higher numbers for weight are correct is because I built it that way.

I think I will get a F-250 and build it myself. Less bells and whistles with more power. If built correctly, it can easily pull the fifth wheel we want. I do understand the GVWR and GVCW because I made sure my F-150 could handle the trailer even though it was under the max tow weight.