User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    I briefly thought about lowering the truck, which would be easy to remove the 2" rear blocks. But the front does not seem feasible at all, so it would be nose up instead of the 5W...end of that story.
    Let us know what GD says and maybe ask them why their 5Ws don't fit modern trucks, lol
    I am wondering (and another answer that I’m waiting for) if the Reflection 150’s sit lower than the regular Reflection’s or Solitude’s since theoretically the 150’s are half ton friendly.
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our trailer is out of warranty as well. I used the stock spring hangers that are frame welded and kept all the Dexter heavy shackles and equalizer that came on the trailer. Just returned from Death Valley, CA, we left early due to high wind forecast. We did encounter high winds for about 40miles and the rig handled it fine with the additional 3". As far as the step question, the answer is yes, your steps will be 3 inches farther off the ground. So far this has not been an issue for us. Considering that the steps are in the rear of the RV your site would have to be really out of level for it to be affected. I figured if it became a problem i would make or buy a booster step to set on the ground.
    Now I'm off to repair the Schwintek slide system.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricknhank View Post
    I am wondering (and another answer that I’m waiting for) if the Reflection 150’s sit lower than the regular Reflection’s or Solitude’s since theoretically the 150’s are half ton friendly.
    Well, I spoke with Grand Design today and they told me that the hitch heights on their fifth wheels vary from 48”-52”. They wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me which models are 48” or which were 52”. As I had mentioned previously, I speculate that the Reflection 150 series have a lower hitch height because they (theoretically) are supposed to be half-ton truck friendly. If I’m correct (Grand Design wouldn’t commit) that would be why my Reflection 150 270bn sits nose high with my GMC 2500 as a TV.
    My trailer definitely needs to be lifted to level it out, I’m just not sure of the best method to utilize. I looked into the MoRyde suspension a bit today. If anyone knows anything about them, would I be able to get a couple of inches of lift with their independent suspension system? I know that it would be more expensive than lift blocks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I spoke with Grand Design today and they told me that the hitch heights on their fifth wheels vary from 48”-52”. They wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me which models are 48” or which were 52”. As I had mentioned previously, I speculate that the Reflection 150 series have a lower hitch height because they (theoretically) are supposed to be half-ton truck friendly. If I’m correct (Grand Design wouldn’t commit) that would be why my Reflection 150 270bn sits nose high with my GMC 2500 as a TV.
    My trailer definitely needs to be lifted to level it out, I’m just not sure of the best method to utilize. I looked into the MoRyde suspension a bit today. If anyone knows anything about them, would I be able to get a couple of inches of lift with their independent suspension system? I know that it would be more expensive than lift blocks.
    Are your axles on top if the Springs? If so they can be put under the springs for quite a bit of lift.

I know that Mor Ryde can do some height adjustment. Not sure how much. If your axles are under the springs you can use lift blocks. I have lifted a couple of TTs with lift blocks. I used solid steel ones with longer ubolts. It worked welll for me. I would not go more that 2" with blocks
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-31-2023 at 05:11 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Are your axles on top if the Springs? If so they can be put under the springs for quite a bit of lift.

I know that Mor Ryde can do some height adjustment. Not sure how much. If your axles are under the springs you can use lift blocks. I have lifted a couple of TTs with lift blocks. I used solid steel ones with longer ubolts. It worked welll for me. I would not go more that 2" with blocks
    The axles are under the springs so the “flipping” method is not a solution. I’ve read about many people using lift blocks but I’ve also read some stories about them shifting at times too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The axles are under the springs so the “flipping” method is not a solution. I’ve read about many people using lift blocks but I’ve also read some stories about them shifting at times too.
    If taken to extreme, it can be a problem. That is why I said not to exceed 2"Dexter actually makes a lift block kit they sell.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess one could replace the length of steel that the hangers are welded to with a much taller piece. That would require a fabricator vs. just slipping in some blocks. Simcoe springs also recommends 2" max and sell a nice kit, the one I got.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    I guess one could replace the length of steel that the hangers are welded to with a much taller piece. That would require a fabricator vs. just slipping in some blocks. Simcoe springs also recommends 2" max and sell a nice kit, the one I got.
    Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping to install the 2" blocks soon...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the 2" blocks on yesterday and here is the result...I'm pretty happy with them, and the new 4 step stairs also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230408_152631.jpg  
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 04-09-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    Dan and Rita

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011