User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Tank Handle

My rear grey tank handle is missing on my 2018 327M. It's kind of strange, as the pull rod isn't threaded on the end. I use a pliers to pull/push it, but would really like to put a metal handle on it. Do they make handles with set screws, or should I consider trying to cut some threads and get an OEM replacement handle?
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, what can be done to lubricate the pull?
    CJ & Jo
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure which handle you require but if you send GD and email along with your VIN they'll be able to tell you which to get. As for lubing, I do at the beginning and end of season and a few times in between. With the handle pull just spay in some lube like wd40 or anti seize like liquid wrench. I spray some liberally inside the tube where the cable is.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjohnson View Post
    My rear grey tank handle is missing on my 2018 327M. It's kind of strange, as the pull rod isn't threaded on the end. I use a pliers to pull/push it, but would really like to put a metal handle on it. Do they make handles with set screws, or should I consider trying to cut some threads and get an OEM replacement handle?
    I have a 351M, the rear grey handle disappeared. There are no outside threads on the rod but the rod has internal threads. I located a t-handle that had the correct sized screw at a rv store while on our last outing. I figure the handle vibrated loose and fell off. I used blue thread locker to try and keep it from coming off again. This handle actually does not have any way of "locking in" with the rod; never did because the rod is smooth and round. I do not remember the brand name but just make sure and search for one with the center screw. Hope this helps.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    I have a 351M, the rear grey handle disappeared. There are no outside threads on the rod but the rod has internal threads. I located a t-handle that had the correct sized screw at a rv store while on our last outing. I figure the handle vibrated loose and fell off. I used blue thread locker to try and keep it from coming off again. This handle actually does not have any way of "locking in" with the rod; never did because the rod is smooth and round. I do not remember the brand name but just make sure and search for one with the center screw. Hope this helps.
    We just replaced one of our grey tank dump valves with a Lasalle Bristol valves and it does have the black handle with center screw, that was the exact same as the OEM in fit and finish.

I believe Lasalle sells the T handles on Amazon as a kit. This looks like the ones that came with our valves. We also used thread lock on the screw to keep it from unscrewing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09VX...haWwp13NParams
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...maybe it's my old eyes, but I did not see a tapped hole in the end. Will look closer...that would make sense AND make it easier to find a handle.
    CJ & Jo