User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bubble (bulge?) in front wall of 5th wheel

Hi all, thanks in advance for any assistance. We're looking at a 2019 Solitude 3740BH and wondering if this bubble/bulge in the front could be the symptom of a larger (more than cosmetic) issue?

(I did search in these forums for "bubble" and "bulge", but still not sure whether this example is delamination or what...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front-bubble-2.jpg   front-bubble-1.jpg   front-bubble-1-circled.png  

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very thin fiberglass panel and not like the laminated main side and rear walls. It looks more like distortion from flexing in the frame area. I would start by getting a flashlight, emptying out the front compartment, and inspecting every inch of the aluminum front framing - especially the weld points and attachment points - for bending or cracking.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the seller mention anything?
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a lot of them out there.

Not laminated, just a thin hung sheet of fiberglass board.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, havent seen any RVs like that myself, but, fiberglass can sometimes react to sunlight and UV.

Had a '66 Cobra replica I built years ago that came as a rolling chasis (finished body, enterior, axles w/junk wheels and some electrical plumbing). The body was a single molded piece that had been gelcoated with the finished requested color including stripes. On the right upper fender area next to the hood, a small bubble developed over time. Looked as if the layered fiberglass mat had seperated but wasnt enough to crack the outer layer. Maybe what you have could be something in this category.

Unfortunately, the only remedy is to remove, reglass the area, and repaint if its truely a seperation issue - if you want it fixed for aesthetics.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Looks like a lot of them out there.

Not laminated, just a thin hung sheet of fiberglass board.
    On my reflection it is one heavy, maybe 1/4”, plastic sheet that stars at the bottom of the nose cap by the hitch, extends under the bedroom then curves and goes past the front cargo door. The hitch and cargo door openings are cutouts in the plastic sheet.

I had the same bulge, not as large, in the same place as the OP on my trailer when it was new but after 3 years of bouncing down the road full time not as noticeable. It is also cold out now so not as noticiable.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually