User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new Imagine AIM series

I know it's a new series for 2023, but just wondering if the group has any thoughts on these. I'm in the market for a new trailer either next year or early 2024 and am excited by what I see. I especially like the 15BH, seems like it would be a great compact couples camper with a fold down bunk above the queen bed that can be used for either luggage storage or when joined by a guest. I know my wife will love that rear kitchen! I like that it will easily fit in our driveway :-) .

Craig

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caheaton View Post
    I know it's a new series for 2023, but just wondering if the group has any thoughts on these. I'm in the market for a new trailer either next year or early 2024 and am excited by what I see. I especially like the 15BH, seems like it would be a great compact couples camper with a fold down bunk above the queen bed that can be used for either luggage storage or when joined by a guest. I know my wife will love that rear kitchen! I like that it will easily fit in our driveway :-) .

Craig
    There's no doubt that there's a market for these compact, SUV towable, light and lighter on the wallet RVs. We see a lot of these types on our travels. Single axle, tear drop, baby Airstreams.... Very popular and with good reason. I think they are great for people that dont have a truck and dont want a truck or people with very limited space to park them or dont want all that extra interior space. There's a reason why there are thousand of floor plans. My suggestion to you is go sit in one before you buy. Visit RV shows and rent one if you can to try it out. We started off by renting a hybrid RV for a 4 week trip. That's where we got hooked to RVing but most importantly, that experience made us realize what we like in a RV and what we didn't. Then it took us 2 years of shopping (casually) and RV shows before we stumble on the 22mle and said yep, that's the one. For instance, we realized that we absolutely wanted a walk around fix bed and access to the bathroom without having to open the slide. The list goes on.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re definitely shorter and a bit lighter than the low end imagine xls and transcend models. Look like (or near to) same height and width though, and near the top end of single axle capacities. I’m legitimately curious how much different they pull than the existing small stuff, I actually think they might ride worse but pull easier.. but not a whole lot easier.

Anyway, nice intro to a popular part of the market, and the full width small trailer is nice to see in this size if I’m right that these are 8ft wide. Lots of 7ft trailers out there. Still personally prefer double axle - but they already have those for ppl like me!
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH