Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Thank Jomani. Which B&W unit do you have? How was the puck install? I'm not afraid of the install part if it comes to that and saving a bunch of money. The dealer is quoting 4 hours labor so....
    I bought the B&W Companion ( https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...BWRVK3600.html ) for Ram. Very heavy, but breaks down for removal.

The puck install was fairly straightforward. My advice, measure, measure, measure before cutting holes. I was off by about a half inch on the first one. The plastic cover hides my mistake (almost). This is a decent video that walks you through the process. https://youtu.be/D8BdY7Oqq0Q
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread, but do people typically tow with the turning point pivot at the neck or the pin? We are picking ours up on Thursday of next week, I'm ordering a B&W Companion, and trying to figure out if people lock it out or just do that if they know they're going to be at a place that it's needed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that depends a lot on the tow vehicle and hitch placement. I would find a large grass or dirt lot and test your clearances with the Turning Point locked and the wedge removed. I suggest grass or dirt because turning too sharply on asphalt puts a great deal of strain on trailer tires and suspension.

Pin boxes like the Turning Point or Reese Sidewinder do add some complexity to the towing experience but also allow for additional clearance if needed. I created a YouTube video comparing two different Reese Sidewinder pin boxes in action. While not exactly the same, the Turning Point’s turret is very similar to the Reese Elite Airborne Sidewinder. Some get very stiff, creating a lot of rotational stress at the pin.

In the end, If I could use a standard pin box, I would. Since I have a Ram with Ram Boxes, I can’t. Check out the video - it might help you make your decision.

https://youtu.be/8Nhz0khqIjI
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, yeah, I haven't found a video with it actually hooked up and driving, just show how to hook it up.

Thanks for the link. I think that tells me what I need. I'll probably leave it with the pivot at the camper vs. at the pin unless I find it to be weird.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram 2500 with 6’4” box. B&W Companion with turning point locked out. No issues so far and my driveway back in alone tests it out. I can turn enough to stress the axles and that’s far enough. Less maintenance too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12