User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    If you stay within the 30 mile cell, you should be fine.

If not, you will have to sign up for the RV Starlink and pay the extra $25 a month.
    $25 every month, or periodically when you are traveling?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    $25 every month, or periodically when you are traveling?
    The total is $135.00 a month. You can pause Starlink for a month. I don't know if you can pause the RV portion.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pause the RV version. The caveat is that you must pause the service before the bill prints. So you need to pause at least 7 days before the billing cycle starts or you'll be billed for that month anyway. Service will continue until the last day of the billing cycle. I've also read that you need to power the dishy up occasionally to make sure that it doesn't miss necessary updates or it can become obsolete. The last I read said that the dishy will receive the updates if it's powered up but paused. The Starlink for RV group on FB has a lot of information about this if anyone does Facebook. There is a portability option on the home units now so they will work outside the home cell as well but I'm not up on how all of that works.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the RV plan and have only used it for one month at the time of receiving it. I've had it on pause for several months but I do set it up about every three to four weeks so it can update. I will leave it powered up throughout the night as some updates seem to happen about 3AM CDT and then I put it away.

You can check update versions here to make sure you are updated. https://starlinktrack.com/firmware/d...hX7G-UmYbATQPA

So far it updates like it should.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have an account yet, but was investigating.
    If you're able to get a home account at your address, do that and then add the roving option.

There IS A DIFFERENCE between the RV plan and a home plan with roving. Chad from Changing Lanes (you can find the video if you want) tested both - you'll get much better service on the home + roving plan, if you're able to order that now. The RV plan is secondary service so is first to be throttled if there is traffic in your area.

Certain regions you still cannot order a home plan - TN not until early next year ETA, for example. That said, sounds like folks on the RV plan are doing well and happy. Of course, as more and more users sign up, then you risk getting throttled.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12