User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water overfill

I have what may be a dumb question. In the past, when filling my fresh water tank with city water, I knew it was full when water started coming out the overflow tube under my trailer.
    We're camping this weekend and when I filled the tank water came out the gravity fill instead of the overfill tube. Is my overfill tube blocked or do I maybe have another problem? I've refilled the tank twice already with the same result.
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2970RL

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byoung766 View Post
    I have what may be a dumb question. In the past, when filling my fresh water tank with city water, I knew it was full when water started coming out the overflow tube under my trailer.
    We're camping this weekend and when I filled the tank water came out the gravity fill instead of the overfill tube. Is my overfill tube blocked or do I maybe have another problem? I've refilled the tank twice already with the same result.

Any ideas?
    We use a water meter. That way the tank never gets too full.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, any suggestions on a good meter?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When filling a tank the water is usually coming out of the vent, not really an overflow tube. On a gravity fill the vent is inside the same cap as the gravity fill inlet so that is where the water will come out when the tank gets full.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byoung766 View Post

Any ideas?
    That's not right. It should be coming out of the overflow not the gravity fill. That's what overflows are for. The gravity fill is higher then the tank. I would definitely verify it. All though, it could be beneficial. Lol as@Soundsailor mentioned, we also use a waterflow meter when filling the fw. I also use it to prep the black tank via the flush after I dumped.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the meter that I use but only because I already had these quick connects. Any similar ones will do. GARDENA Water Timer - Water Smart - Flow Meter https://a.co/d/8WHNspD
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted the other day about the opposite issue which is that my tank does not seem to fill all the way before it comes out the two overflow tubes under the camper. You should really check yours - there should be one or two tubes protruding from the belly near your fresh tank dump valve (white pull valve). Those would be for overflow. If water doesn't come out of the overflow before it comes out the gravity fill or vent that could be a problem. Mine does not have a vent at the gravity fill; presumably because it has overflows so pressure wouldn't be a problem when filling or dumping. I'm not sure if many of the newer models have the vent at the gravity fill these days, but not positive on that. The main issue with your overflow lines being clogged, kinked, or closed (if a valve has been added), is that you create suction as the tank empties via the pump or dump valve. Long story short, I'd just check it out and see what's what.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fresh tank is currently on saw horses letting the epoxy dry where I repaired a crack caused by me overfilling the tank. The 1/2 PEX overflow and the small vent line by the gravity fill could not keep up with the 5/8 garden hose attached to the camper. In the event that I get distracted while filling the tank again, I'm sure it will happen, The gravity fill cap will be removed any time I am filling the tank in the future.
    My tank cracked right on the corner and was spraying into the back of the Nautilus panel.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not even have a gravity fill port; so my thought is that in my case, the overflow being clear is critical to allow air to escape as I fill the tank.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your overflow tube could be blocked with a mud dauber wasp nest.
    Try sticking a probe up the overflow while the tank is full to the point of water coming out the vent. If it doesn't clear try shooting a hard stream of water up the overflow pipe. I was losing too much water when I needed to travel with a full tank so I opted to add a shutoff valve on the overflow tube. While I was at it I relocated it and the fresh water tank dump valve out from behind the wheel for easier operation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211011-223624_Photos.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	43543
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast