User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tote tanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I see pics of people boondocking in the middle of nowhere. Gorgeous of course. If no electric and no water and no sewer, then no dump station either. What do people do then? Curious minds.
    I dump at home! A side benefit is that my holding tank contents get shaken up, disolving all of the TP, and that makes my sensors reliable.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    No one "wants to" use it for the black tank but it's nice to have it when we're going to be boondocking for more than a week. With the four wheel tote there's no lifting it to get it to the dump station and no lifting to empty it at the dump station. Taking the RV to the dump station mid trip would involve the wife having to put away all of her little knick-knacks, coffee maker, toaster, toiletries, and me rolling up interior rugs, putting in 3 slideouts, untying the awnings and rolling them up, disconnecting electric, taking my flags down, uncovering the 5th wheel hitch, hooking up and probably a few more tasks. Then reverse all of that 1/2 hour later....not happening!
    Like I said before, each to their own. We have auto levelers so that makes setting up again quicker. We leave rugs, BBQ, chairs, etc on site while we do a trip if necessary. I was curious about your statement of boondocking however. I envision boondocking as off and away from any facilities, but you mention using a tote tank when boondocking. Were you just refering to it's use for Grey water?
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Like I said before, each to their own. We have auto levelers so that makes setting up again quicker. We leave rugs, BBQ, chairs, etc on site while we do a trip if necessary. I was curious about your statement of boondocking however. I envision boondocking as off and away from any facilities, but you mention using a tote tank when boondocking. Were you just refering to it's use for Grey water?
    I agree with the auto leveling system making it a little easier but not enough to justify me moving the RV once set up. Even with leaving the outside rugs, chairs, grill, etc... there's still too much other stuff we would need to secure to move the RV. We consider it boondocking when we don't have electric other than our Honda generator as needed. Sometimes we have remote access to water & sewer only while other times we might just have water & electric and a dump station at State Parks. The wife and I have managed to go 10 days with the back tank so if we have water available the tote tank will get used more often.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to toss my 2 cents in.

I picked up a Rhino 28 gallon tote before our trip to Maine in 2021. It was an impulse purchase the dealership that we were picking up our steps had them in stock. Amazon didn't due to the mad camping supply rush of 21. Anyway, with customer discount, it was about 25 bucks more than Amazon's 2-4 week wait price. Well.... After the first camp stop, I put it to use. Simply put it has been in use ever since. I use it at my seasonal site since we do not have sewer. It makes quick work. It has paid for itself. I try not to fill it more than three quarters when moving by hand. If I have the truck, no problem. My wife did laugh at me when I was driving the truck with the tote in tow at our first camp site of the trip. She thought I was enjoying myself. Meanwhile i was like at least we bought this tote.

So if we know we are going somewhere without a FHU site, I will attach the tote to the ladder in the back and be that guy going down the highway.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345