User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Drive & The Blessing

Next week we leave. November third. It’s the drive that I’m so looking forward too. Thousands of miles. Most on the interstate, some on 2 lane highways. Will drive through the mountains of Kentucky, there is a bakery in Chattanooga that we always visit, the pine trees of Georgia, the oasis of Florida, The wetlands of our southern coast and the deserts of our southwest. We have grand children in Florida and California. Will visit some for Thanksgiving and some for Christmas and some friends in between.

What a wonderful gift it is to have family so dispersed and a big diesel truck and a camper to pull. So looking forward to visiting and being Papa.

But also, looking forward to the miles. Sitting up high in the truck. Making the wide turns. Lunch at Cracker Barrel. Setting up. Tearing Down. Enjoying that new audio book by Richard Paul Evans. Just rolling with my big rig. So Blessed. With a truck full of Christmas gifts, tools, and spare parts. And a child’s seat and a booster seat for those grandchildren. Just waiting to be pressed into service. How about that ice cold beer in the outdoor kitchen beer fridge to be enjoyed after setting up camp after a day in the drivers seat.

My wife happy that she has her own home right behind us. So nice and clean with a kitchen ready for a good Mediterranean dinner to be made. No viruses in sight.

Being retired and secure in the knowledge that a delay for any reason is something to be at peace about. I even have a forum of experts to help with any problems that arise.

Then the beautiful winter season in Arizona while we wait for a good day to head home to Michigan. Probably around April. Sometimes going home from California can take a few months. Ha. But we know how absolutely beautiful and fun Arizona can be. This year we have e-bikes. Wow. And those mountains in the desert, Just incredible.

Did I mention blessed?

We live in perhaps the only place on earth where this kind of blessing can happen. God bless the USA.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Next week we leave. November third. It’s the drive that I’m so looking forward too. Thousands of miles. Most on the interstate, some on 2 lane highways. Will drive through the mountains of Kentucky, there is a bakery in Chattanooga that we always visit, the pine trees of Georgia, the oasis of Florida, The wetlands of our southern coast and the deserts of our southwest. We have grand children in Florida and California. Will visit some for Thanksgiving and some for Christmas and some friends in between.

What a wonderful gift it is to have family so dispersed and a big diesel truck and a camper to pull. So looking forward to visiting and being Papa.

But also, looking forward to the miles. Sitting up high in the truck. Making the wide turns. Lunch at Cracker Barrel. Setting up. Tearing Down. Enjoying that new audio book by Richard Paul Evans. Just rolling with my big rig. So Blessed. With a truck full of Christmas gifts, tools, and spare parts. And a child’s seat and a booster seat for those grandchildren. Just waiting to be pressed into service. How about that ice cold beer in the outdoor kitchen beer fridge to be enjoyed after setting up camp after a day in the drivers seat.

My wife happy that she has her own home right behind us. So nice and clean with a kitchen ready for a good Mediterranean dinner to be made. No viruses in sight.

Being retired and secure in the knowledge that a delay for any reason is something to be at peace about. I even have a forum of experts to help with any problems that arise.

Then the beautiful winter season in Arizona while we wait for a good day to head home to Michigan. Probably around April. Sometimes going home from California can take a few months. Ha. But we know how absolutely beautiful and fun Arizona can be. This year we have e-bikes. Wow. And those mountains in the desert, Just incredible.

Did I mention blessed?

We live in perhaps the only place on earth where this kind of blessing can happen. God bless the USA.
    Amen to that!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the intro to a book
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My youngest son is in the Air Force. Currently at Edwards in California but formerly in Alamogordo NM. Whilst visiting several times in Alamogordo we became attached to his church there and Continue to attend on line. So looking forward to a visit there on our way home from Arizona. And the drive from Las Cruces to Santa Rosa. One of the most scenic 2 lane drives in the world.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy travels Flystar! Will look forward to some trip stories being reported here.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997