Quote Originally Posted by 1973ad View Post
11/21/22 update.

We took delivery over the weekend.

As promised, we received a 2023 2400BH. Kudos to Trailer Hitch RV of Nipomo CA. Now the slide story. To review, we originally picked out a 2022 2400BH, dealer was prepping, found an issue with the slide, couldn't get parts, and got a 2023 delivered for us. The slide system on our 2023 has a rack an pinion under the slide, which, in my limited RV experience, is what I've seen before. Pictures attached.

Also, some other differences I noticed or was told:

-4400lb axels (compared to 3500lb) and came with Goodyear tires (the 2022 also had goodyears, I'm just glad it did)
-Tankless water heater. Not sure if this is better or not, it's propane only. I've only ever used the gas/electric tank type ones.
-Something about the AC/Heater unit having a humidity control feature. I haven't explored that yet.

Anyway, pulled it home with our 2018 Tundra using a Fastway E2 (8000/800 model) and other than getting a little under 10mpg it seemed to handle it well. I caught myself doing 70mph merging into traffic and was able to climb Cuesta grade (max of about 7%) at 60mph at about 3700rpm.

It's time to start having fun!

Attachment 43934Attachment 43935
You did good! The frame slide is much more reliable than the Schwintek.