Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 vs 2023 2400bh slide system

Hello, first post here.

We (family and I) chose a 2022 2400bh at a dealer. Dealer and I agreed that we'd come back a week later to pick up and finish paperwork. The Friday before our scheduled pick up he called and said the slide had an issue and they would either get the part or get another unit. About a week later he called back and said no parts and that the factory was going to make a 2023 2400bh with a different slide (rack and pinion) system for us. I'm aware of the slide issues with the Schwintek slide systems, but I thought that was a R&P system also. Anyone know what the "new" system is?

Other than that, I see the 2023s have 4400lb axles vs 3500lb axles as the website currently lists the 4400lb. Anyone aware of any other changes?

Thanks for any information

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1973ad View Post
    Hello, first post here.

We (family and I) chose a 2022 2400bh at a dealer. Dealer and I agreed that we'd come back a week later to pick up and finish paperwork. The Friday before our scheduled pick up he called and said the slide had an issue and they would either get the part or get another unit. About a week later he called back and said no parts and that the factory was going to make a 2023 2400bh with a different slide (rack and pinion) system for us. I'm aware of the slide issues with the Schwintek slide systems, but I thought that was a R&P system also. Anyone know what the "new" system is?

Other than that, I see the 2023s have 4400lb axles vs 3500lb axles as the website currently lists the 4400lb. Anyone aware of any other changes?

Seeing its your first post, welcome to the group.
    The Schwintek is not a rack and pinion. It has the rails on the outside on the sides of the slide. I recently discovered that the Schwintek system got revised. That might be what your dealer was referring too. As for the axles, 4400 will be way better then 3500. @huntr70 will sure know more on the changes.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welllll, strictly speaking the Schwintek is a rack and pinion, just not the hydraulic operated-type rack and pinion you normally refer to when you speak of a rack and pinion slide. The Schwintek has the rack on the slide, and the pinion attached to the motor.

Just a bit nit-picky.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, first post here.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new rig!

Yes, Schwintec is a rack and pinion system, with a twist, well a rotation.

The rack is rotated and too precise. It easily gets out of time and finds up. It used two motors because in its application there is no rod to connect the two racks together. That also means not you need a controller to keep the two motors in sync.

Here is a picture of a rack for the Schwintec system
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6375.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	43538
    Here if a picture of the Lippert “Slim Rack” system.

Name:	IMG_6376.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	43539

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies everyone, if I get any additional info, or take delivery, I'll give an update.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a good picture that shows how the Schwintec gear engages the rack and why it is so problematic.

Name:	IMG_6377.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	43542

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Welllll, strictly speaking the Schwintek is a rack and pinion, just not the hydraulic operated-type rack and pinion you normally refer to when you speak of a rack and pinion slide. The Schwintek has the rack on the slide, and the pinion attached to the motor.

Just a bit nit-picky.
    Your absolutely correct. When I was writing my comment I was thinking of the through frame system. My comment completely came out wrong.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/21/22 update.

We took delivery over the weekend.

As promised, we received a 2023 2400BH. Kudos to Trailer Hitch RV of Nipomo CA. Now the slide story. To review, we originally picked out a 2022 2400BH, dealer was prepping, found an issue with the slide, couldn't get parts, and got a 2023 delivered for us. The slide system on our 2023 has a rack an pinion under the slide, which, in my limited RV experience, is what I've seen before. Pictures attached.

Also, some other differences I noticed or was told:

-4400lb axels (compared to 3500lb) and came with Goodyear tires (the 2022 also had goodyears, I'm just glad it did)
    -Tankless water heater. Not sure if this is better or not, it's propane only. I've only ever used the gas/electric tank type ones.
    -Something about the AC/Heater unit having a humidity control feature. I haven't explored that yet.

Anyway, pulled it home with our 2018 Tundra using a Fastway E2 (8000/800 model) and other than getting a little under 10mpg it seemed to handle it well. I caught myself doing 70mph merging into traffic and was able to climb Cuesta grade (max of about 7%) at 60mph at about 3700rpm.

It's time to start having fun!

Name:	Slide 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	43934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	43935

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/21/22 update.

We took delivery over the weekend.

As promised, we received a 2023 2400BH. Kudos to Trailer Hitch RV of Nipomo CA. Now the slide story. To review, we originally picked out a 2022 2400BH, dealer was prepping, found an issue with the slide, couldn't get parts, and got a 2023 delivered for us. The slide system on our 2023 has a rack an pinion under the slide, which, in my limited RV experience, is what I've seen before. Pictures attached.

Also, some other differences I noticed or was told:

-4400lb axels (compared to 3500lb) and came with Goodyear tires (the 2022 also had goodyears, I'm just glad it did)
    -Tankless water heater. Not sure if this is better or not, it's propane only. I've only ever used the gas/electric tank type ones.
    -Something about the AC/Heater unit having a humidity control feature. I haven't explored that yet.

Anyway, pulled it home with our 2018 Tundra using a Fastway E2 (8000/800 model) and other than getting a little under 10mpg it seemed to handle it well. I caught myself doing 70mph merging into traffic and was able to climb Cuesta grade (max of about 7%) at 60mph at about 3700rpm.

It's time to start having fun!

Name:	Slide 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	43934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	43935
    Nice, congrats, let the fun times begin.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Nice, congrats, let the fun times begin.
    Your classic rack and pinion. From the reading I have done, it is the most reliable with least issues. I have a 2600rb and no issues with it. The slide floor.....well in bows downward in the middle. Have seen a number of comments on the forums. I don't think it is common but a few have mentioned it. Enjoy your trailer. Happy trails.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast