User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery and jacks?

Are the jacks/leveling system still supposed to work even when the battery “key” is disconnected?
    2021 Reflection 31mb
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno about all systems, but my hydraulic pump is connected independently of the Battery Disconnect Switch, directly to the battery.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Dunno about all systems, but my hydraulic pump is connected independently of the Battery Disconnect Switch, directly to the battery.
    Sounds like mine is too!
    2021 Reflection 31mb
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat SRW

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And usually a few other things - emergency brakes, smoke/propane detectors, "keep alive" for clock and presets on the audio system, perhaps a few other items. NEVER assume turning off the switch will turn off the draw from the batteries - many is the camper that found a dead battery after trusting their switch....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My battery disconnect will turn off the power to the hydraulic jacks. I'm not sure if it should be that way.
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked personally about that? It would be pretty unusual IME. I've checked the draw when the Battery Disconnect Switch is turned to "OFF", with a clamp-on ampmeter. Around a hundredth of an amp, so it's not pulling anything of consequence.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Have you checked personally about that? It would be pretty unusual IME. I've checked the draw when the Battery Disconnect Switch is turned to "OFF", with a clamp-on ampmeter. Around a hundredth of an amp, so it's not pulling anything of consequence.
    I am not sure if you are asking me... but my jacks were not working unless I was on shore power. I found that something slid and hit the battery disconnect switch which shut it off. Turned it back on... problem solved.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    I am not sure if you are asking me... but my jacks were not working unless I was on shore power. I found that something slid and hit the battery disconnect switch which shut it off. Turned it back on... problem solved.

-B
    The reason your jacks were not working is probably because your battery was not being charged by the Converter. I had the same thing happen to me last year, our Battery switch got bumped and my 12v batteries were drained because we had left the LEDs under the camper on and that drained the 12v battery. Of course we did not know about the problem until we were ready to leave.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    The reason your jacks were not working is probably because your battery was not being charged by the Converter. I had the same thing happen to me last year, our Battery switch got bumped and my 12v batteries were drained because we had left the LEDs under the camper on and that drained the 12v battery. Of course we did not know about the problem until we were ready to leave.
    Possibly. I'll check it when I move in a few days.
    -B