User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St-310 air admitance valve

Can someone tell me where the air admittance valve (or valves) is located on my 2018 ST-310? Looking from the roof, I see one white vent in the middle and a black vent on the driver's side. I assume one is for the black tank and the other for the grey tank plumbing. I've replaced these several times in the past and used the white Studor brand which has a stainless steel valve while the cheap black ones have a rubber flapper that routinely leaks.

TIA

Ron
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Can someone tell me where the air admittance valve (or valves) is located on my 2018 ST-310? Looking from the roof, I see one white vent in the middle and a black vent on the driver's side. I assume one is for the black tank and the other for the grey tank plumbing. I've replaced these several times in the past and used the white Studor brand which has a stainless steel valve while the cheap black ones have a rubber flapper that routinely leaks.

TIA

Ron
    The AAVs are generally under the sinks, way in the back in some of the most impossible places to get to them. You can get to them, it might take becoming a contortionist to get to it. They screw on to the top of the pipe.

The ones in the roof are not AAVs. Those are just the vent stack pipe covers.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I believe I might have to remove the false wall under the kitchen sink if that's where it is. I've replaced them before; very easy once you find them!
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Thanks, I believe I might have to remove the false wall under the kitchen sink if that's where it is. I've replaced them before; very easy once you find them!
    We have two AAV in our 2018 31GK. One under the kitchen sink. Very back right corner of the main cabinet tucked up between the corner of the sink and the inside corner of the cabinet. Follow the white vent up the back inside corner of the cabinet. It is NOT behind any panels or the drawers. The other is the bathroom sink. Tucked up against the wall behind the sink in the main (under the sink) compartment. Depending on which sink, it may be partially hidden behind the bowel.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice info Chris, thanks
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me; it was clear when I needed to replace mine; the smell was foul.

Mine was under the sink as well and accessible without removing anything. I was able to remove it by hand with no tools.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found both. The one under the bathroom sink was obvious. The one in the kitchen island involved removing the false wall on the left side, ie, the wall that blocks off the area where you would install a dishwasher. 4 screws and the wall comes off.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK