User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping it simple

I have my T-mobile and it has always worked great for many years. I will be getting some form of booster next year for it.

But I want a second way to connect and I think Visible would be the best bet.

I have experienced zero bars in the RV and one or two if I step out the door. So, what device is a good one to plug that Visible sim into?

I keep looking over some of these websites and it seems some are very complex to manage multiple carriers. I like simple.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have my T-mobile and it has always worked great for many years. I will be getting some form of booster next year for it.

But I want a second way to connect and I think Visible would be the best bet.

I have experienced zero bars in the RV and one or two if I step out the door. So, what device is a good one to plug that Visible sim into?

I keep looking over some of these websites and it seems some are very complex to manage multiple carriers. I like simple.
    With Visible, it is a phone only plan. It will not work in a hotspot.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    With Visible, it is a phone only plan. It will not work in a hotspot.
    Well, that keeps it simple then.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that keeps it simple then.
    You can put the phone in hotspot mode, but it is limited to 3-5 mbps speed.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    You can put the phone in hotspot mode, but it is limited to 3-5 mbps speed.
    Didn't know that. Not worth the $30 then.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many options out there. Since you are on T-mobile already and familiar with their cell coverage, check out TravelData Unlimited.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    There are so many options out there. Since you are on T-mobile already and familiar with their cell coverage, check out TravelData Unlimited.
    What a horrible Website. The layout is so odd. If they do T-Mobile, not interested.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a horrible Website. The layout is so odd. If they do T-Mobile, not interested.
    Apologies for trying to help. Best wishes.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't know that. Not worth the $30 then.
    what do you expect? I typically get close to 5 on visible and no issues streaming with it. I do have a cell amp and need it most places. The only times I am much under 5 is when my work Verizon phone is too, so not much you can do about that. My wife has a purtalk/AT&T phone as rare times it is better then Verizon but generally the same or worse.

I don't know if they raised the price but mine is $25 as long as you are in a "group", the group is just random people and all separate billing, no idea why they do it.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Verizon hotspot that works well; when there is a decent signal. The hotspot does have ports that allow for the connection of an external antenna with TS9 connectors. I use a small, indoor MIMO antenna that can help slightly, but there has to be a signal to begin with. For the places I visit, my experience is that the Verizon signal is typically as good or better than ATT or T-Mobile (based on comparing cell phones with neighboring campers).

I don't rely on internet enough to warrant spending more to try to improve my situation. It works well for me in 85% of my use cases. Bearing in mind that I tend to do a lot of camping in areas to visit cities (Asheville, NC; Charlottesville, VA; Charleston, SC; etc) versus going out into remote areas.

Regarding Verizon; Pros: their coverage is good. Cons: they are pricey and their customer support is not the best.

Bottom line, for me; this has been simple and relatively cheap; literally just had to buy a hotspot, add that hotspot as a device to my plan, and I chose to also get a cheap, indoor antenna.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast