User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DEF at the pump

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazz_zup View Post
    Interesting. I’ll have to read up on it. But they want your bank routing number and social security #. Humm ok. I hope they’re reputable. Can you just load the card up off a ccard or do they ACH the money out? And it says EFS card, it’s that what the TSD card is?
    @Wazz_zup -

If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

I have used a EFS TSD fuel card for a long time (hooked to my checking account). Never had any issues. The company is a trucking logistics company supporting independent truckers. They offer many different services including locating and coordinating loads. Reputable outfit.

Over the past week, we have traveled and worked on moving stuff we left in storage in South Carolina up to Maryland (just got back in yesterday afternoon). My fuel stop yesterday was at a TA in Virginia. I happened to ask a trucker there if he'd ever had issues with DEF from the pumps at truck stops. He said not since the earlier days of emissions systems with DEF on trucks (he had to have his DEF tank cleaned out). Since then, he's had no issues. I pumped DEF there yesterday.

As for the ticket and charges:

Diesel (shown on the pump): $161.84 (29.43 gal. at $5.499/gal)
    DEF (no discount): $13.35 (3.062 gal. at 4.36/gal)
    Discount: $19.48 - bringing the price of fuel to $4.837/gal

I could look at the transaction immediately on the app on my phone and there was also an email in my inbox when we got home. I stop at TA, Love's, etc., and haven't used my Pilot/Flying J fuel card since I got the TSD fuel card.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance
    . I stop at TA, Love's, etc., and haven't used my Pilot/Flying J fuel card since I got the TSD fuel card.

Rob
    The last 2 roadtrips we took with our '15 Gmc we noticed a decent drop in mileage after gassing up at Loves 2 consecutive fill ups. Gary did a little research and found they changed their diesel blend. Needless to say we quit stopping at Loves.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last trip last month, we found that most, if not all, truck stops were anywhere from 50 cents to 70 cents more expensive than regular gas stations. One truck stop was 70 cents more expensive than a regular fuel station just across the street. We avoid truck stops like the plague.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where TSD works. Goes to at least normal gas station prices. Here it does far better than that.

There is no getting my rig in most gas stations other than the middle of the night.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I use the TSD card as well, purchase DEF at the truck stop pumps, and (knock on wood [emoji1696]) never had a problem, over 3.5k miles towing so far.
    I use jugs for around town so to speak if I need it, but when I am hauling the RV or the LQ Horse Trailer, I buy DEF a the pump always. Its too easy to use pump it full at the pump since I am drinking it at that point pulling. I agree with what has been stated about reputable please. I have not had issues with pump based DEF across a dozen different states either.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    That's where TSD works. Goes to at least normal gas station prices. Here it does far better than that.

There is no getting my rig in most gas stations other than the middle of the night.
    Yep, I have the same problem. With my Momentum being 44 feet + my F450 I am not getting into any normal gas station , so the truck stop is kind of a must...
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the auxiliary 20 gallon fuel tank that fits under the toolbox, so I always fuel up at the end of the day when we've dropped the trailer. Truck stops have always been a little higher than regular stations, but lately it's gotten totally ridiculous.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazz_zup View Post
    So getting DEF by the box is getting a little expensive. I've always got it at Costco and yesterday it was $13.99 for the 2.5 gal Peak Blue DEF.
    I've never bought at the pump before but we have a truck stop nearby and I could get it there, but the quality and going back and forth with the credit card hassle.
    Anyway, has anybody tested the pump DEF with a refractometer before dispensing?

The Peak box I just picked up showed 33 to 33.5% on the refrac. I even returned a box to Costco that showed 34%. That one was made Sept 23, 2022. The next box (that I kept) was made Oct 4, 2022.
    BTW, the refractometer was checked/calibrated to zero with distilled water.
    I've never been able to find, or figure out, the date on the Costco DEF. How do you find or decode it? Thanks.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    How old is the oldest jug of def you would use? Like if it's 6 months old do you go somewhere else?
    That’s correct. 6-7 months is my max. And go somewhere else if possible. But there are other variables. I’ve been known to store a box in the house so it’s in a more tempered climate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I have the auxiliary 20 gallon fuel tank that fits under the toolbox, so I always fuel up at the end of the day when we've dropped the trailer. Truck stops have always been a little higher than regular stations, but lately it's gotten totally ridiculous.
    That’s what we do too! I have a 40 gal auxiliary Transfer Flow in the back. I can go 624 miles towing the 310GK. That’s too many miles for this ol guy for one day. Only did it once. We park the Solitude and go fill up.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast